Develops and teaches concepts and strategies for a variety of courses. May require teaching courses at MATC campuses, business, community, other sites, and online during the day, evening, and/or weekend. Related duties include participation in department and advisory meetings, department and college functions, course and curriculum development in both traditional and non-traditional formats, online courses, staff development, conduct open labs (if/when necessary), student advising, student outcome assessment and quality review assessment and implementation, student organization involvement, recruitment and retention of students, and other duties as assigned**. Required to keep current with the latest trends and technologies in discipline.
Associate's Degree in one of the following:
Business Administration, Computer Science, Computer Science Education, Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Multimedia, Web Development, Mobile Application Development, Curriculum Development and Instruction, Computer Engineering, Business Education, Animation, Adult Education, Information Studies/Technology, Interactive Design, Film/Video Production.
Verifiable occupational experience and appropriate training totaling 14,000 hours in the occupational areas in any of the following: Computer programming, Graphic Design, Multimedia Development, Web Design or Development, Mobile Development, Game Development, Animation, Usability Design, Interactive Media, and Visual Communication.
AND in addition one of the following must be met:
- At least one of the three years must have occurred within the last 5 years
- Two years of teaching Interactive Media, Computer programming, Graphic Design, Multimedia Development, Web Design or Development, Mobile Development, Game Development, Animation, Usability Design, Interactive Media, or Visual Communication at the post-secondary level within the last 5 years
Previous teaching experience preferred.Experience in teaching and/or developing curriculum in a variety of classroom environments including in-person and online.Experience using a variety of instructional methods including: face-to-face, blended, and 100% online preferred.Must be able to develop and maintain curriculum currency.Working knowledge of computers and software related to instructional area including MS Office/Google Suite, data systems, mobile technologies, web conference tools, and social networking; and knowledge of, or willing to learn, Blackboard or similar learning management system (LMS) preferred.Knowledge or experience with engaged and service learning strongly required.Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.Must have knowledge of assessment of student academic competency attainment.Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds.Must embrace and demonstrate Standards of Teaching Excellence and the MATC Career Essentials in development and delivery of instruction:Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must meet all (if applicable):
- Educational requirements and occupational experience requirements
- Industry and vendor certification requirements
- Licensure requirements
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC) standards
- Knowledge or experience with engaged and service learning strongly preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
- Must have knowledge of assessment of student academic achievement techniques.
- Must meet State of Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) Certification Requirements. http://mywtcs.wtcsystem.edu/certification.
- Must meet Higher Learning Commission (HLC) standards (if applicable).
- Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds.
- Teaching - Must embrace and demonstrate the MATC Core Abilities and Standards of Teaching Excellence in development and delivery of instruction.
MATC Core Abilities
- Communicate effectively
- Collaborate with others
- Respect diversity
- Demonstrate responsibility
- Think critically and creatively
- Utilize technology
- Apply math and science
- Demonstrate environmental responsibility
- Embrace change
Standards of Teaching Excellence
- Understanding Students and Fostering Student Success
- Classroom Management
- Content Mastery and Currency
- Teaching Methodology
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Professional Contributions
ESSENTIAL TECHNOLOGY:Email - Experience with an Email system (Outlook, Gmail)
- Telephone - Experience with a voice mail system
- Computer - Experience with Microsoft Office or Google Suite
Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies:
- Online Information Management Systems - Experience with INFOnline or other online information management systems used for student advising, student programs, grading, class schedules and rosters.
- Blackboard - Experience with Blackboard or other web-based course - management systems.
- Technology-based instruction - Experience with technology-based instructional delivery systems including SMART symposium, interactive touch screen monitors, LCD projectors, DVD players and/or other classroom technology.
- Emerging Technologies - Experience with emerging technologies (e.g. social networking applications).
- (Optional) Distance Learning Instruction - Experience with on-line, two-way video, ITV, and other methods of distance learning instruction.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation
- Ability to sit or stand for class duration with or without accommodation
MATC is an AA/EEO employer and committed to workplace diversity. Excellence through cultural diversity, we strongly encourage people of all racial/ethnic backgrounds to apply.