Kalmbach Media is looking for an Assistant Digital Editor who will be responsible for working with the editors of Kalmbach’s railroad magazine brands, including editing manuscripts for our print magazines as well as creating new online content and communicating with and addressing the needs of our online customers. Reports to the editor of Model Railroader magazine. Works onsite Tuesday, Wednesday, and one other agreed-upon day per week.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proofs and corrects copy, page layouts, and final proofs using desktop publishing programs
- Creates and edits digital content.
- Updates and oversees social media accounts, monitors stats, and works to improve social media presence
- Maintains and updates the brands’ websites with the latest magazine issues, reviews, photo galleries, how-to articles, news, product releases, and videos.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
HOW TO APPLY
- BS degree in journalism, communications, or related field
- Relevant work experience (digital marketing, publishing or media industry experience a plus)
- Organized self-starter able to perform in a deadline-driven environment
- Familiar with desktop publishing software (Office, Adobe InCopy)
- Demonstrates a willingness to increase knowledge of the hobbies we serve, publishing, digital content management, social media, and digital media.
- Knowledge of WordPress or other content management system a plus.
To be considered for this position you must complete our online application and attach your resume along with:
- A detailed cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience as it relates to this position
- Your salary requirements
Kalmbach is located in Waukesha Wisconsin, about 20 minutes west of Milwaukee. We offer a hybrid work environment and excellent benefits!