We Are Hiring: EMT or MA or LPN - ProHealth Medical Group -New Berlin Primary Care Clinic
Schedule Details:Monday - 645 - 515 Tuesday- 730 - 200 Wednesday - 645-1230 Thursday - 900-700 Friday - 630 - 230
FTE: .97 FTE or38.8hours per week - Full Time + Benefits
Compensation: Starting pay LPN's $19.02/hr. Medical Assistants $17.30/hr - Hourly rates increase with experience +$2,000 Sign on Bonus!
Begin your story with ProHealth Care.Enjoy ourfeaturing our own employees sharing why they choose ProHealth Care and what they enjoy about working here.
For more than a century, ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas - providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. We strive to continuously improve our community's health and well-being by combining skill, compassion and innovation. All members of our team - whether clinical or non-clinical - have a direct impact on the delivering on our brand promise "The Way You Should Be Treated". Employees in our corporate departments are a vital part of our overall success and in turn indirectly help us provide exceptional patient care.*CA #CA #LI
Performs duties of a Medical Assistant with training, but without American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) certification. Provide direct care to patients under the supervision and delegation of the Lead Medical Assistant, Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Physician (Provider) within ProHealth Medical Group and ProHealth Care. Provide care in partnership with the patient and their family, with the goal of supporting an optimal healing community.
Efficiently prepares exam room in advance of patient placement. Set out proper equipment and or supplies specific to the examination.
- Periodically review exam rooms to ensure sufficient stock of supplies, materials and instruments.
- Room patients and obtain vital signs, request and record healthy history, prepare patient for Provider exam and document results into the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation into the EMR or other patient records indicated for all patient care, i.e. phone notes, lab results, vital signs, treatments, test results, patient history.
- After each patient visit, follows clean room protocol to properly in preparation for the next patient.
- Prepares sterile field and assist physician with procedures using sterile techniques. Cleans and prepares instruments to be sent to Central Supply for sterilization process.Follows protocol to properly store instruments and equipment. In some areas performs high level sterilization process on scopes and various pieces of instruments determined by Specialty.
- Answers and makes patient phone calls in accordance with patients HIPAA instructions. Obtain medical information for the Provider and field questionsappropriately based on Provider directed protocols. report test results to patients under the direction of the Provider.
- Callpharmacy for prescription verification if needed.Investigate patient needs for required prior medication authorization.
- Prepares, administers oral and parenteral medication per medication order, using age specific technique, complete two-point patient identifier. Ensure "5 Rights" - right patient, right medication, right does, right route, right time/frequency. rule out any contradictions.
- Provides patient or parent vaccination or other medication information sheets. Observe patient and notify provider immediately of any adverse reactions.
- Performs therapeutic treatments and other health screenings, i.e. ear lavage, pulse oximetry, nebulizer treatments, spirometry, hearing and vision screening, fetal non-stress test, holter monitoring, suture/staple removal and others as neededfor the Provider.
- Provide patient with Provider directed follow-up care instructions.
- Assists in the control and maintenance of clinical medications, supplies, equipment and patient education materials. report low quantities. Dispose of expired medications. Calibrate equipment to meet quality control standards, report and label malfunctioning equipment.
- As directed, completes specimen collection, ensuring the two-point patient identifier is followed. Obtain blood specimens using age appropriate protocol by means of venipuncture, finger stick or heal stick for laboratory test analysis. Label specimens and ensure specimen integrity in packaging and pick up.
- Performs lab tests including preparing specimen, testing, and recording results. Ensures CLIA/OSHA compliance standards are met.
- Assists with splinting, casting or orthopedic appliance fitting. Prepares the patient for application and ensures education and proper instruction in the use and care of application or splint/cast.
- respond to urgent and emergency situations. Call for appropriate clinical assistance according to physician directed protocol. Inform leadership of the situation.
- Assist patients in the scheduling of diagnostic tests, outpatient services and hospital admissions.
- Provide patient reception and scheduling assistance as needed.
- Inventory the Crash Cart when assigned, replacing expired medications and supplies.
Certifications or Licenses
High School Diploma - or equivalent
One of the following must be completed:
- Successful completion of a 1-year accredited Medical Assistant program qualified by the AAMA.
- Completion of medical assisting training or course work and 1-2 years work experience in a medical assisting role in a large health system.
- Completion of registered nurse courses including 1 year of clinicals.
- Documented completion of the United States Military Medical Corpsman program
What You Will Do:
The Medical Assistant / Clinic LPN will provide direct care to patients under the supervision and delegation of the Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Physician (Provider) within the PHMG - Clinic. The MA/LPN will provide care in partnership with the patient and their family, with the goal of supporting an optimal healing community.
Some of the job responsibilities include: preparing exam room; ensure sufficient stock of supplies, materials, and instruments; room patients and obtain vital signs; request and record health history; and ensure accurate and timely documentation into the EMR (Electronic Medical Record) or other patient records.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus one of the following criteria must also be met:
- Current state license required for those who completed an accredited LPN education program.
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) certification preferred but not required for those who completed the Medical Assistant education program.
- Successful completion of a 1-year accredited Medical Assistant program qualified by the AAMA
- Documented completion of the United States Military Medical Corpsman program
- Completion of medical assisting training or course work and 1-2 years work experience in a medical assisting role in a large health system
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a physician office as a MA or LPN
- Experience within any specialty areas of practice is desirable
- BLS (CPR)
See what it is like as a MA/Clinic LPN team memberProHealth Medical Group:
*Courage - Accountability/Initiative/Responsibility
*Values - Respect - Fun
Learn more at ProHealthCare.org/Careers.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
*CA #LI #CA