At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you'll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
The Boston Labs team is responsible for supporting all SONOS engineering departments. We support the Hardware team both Analog and Digital, HWV team with thermal setup and testing, the CaSE team with 2nd source component verification testing. The candidate will work with other team members performing various characterizations of our products.
What You'll Do:
- Work cross functionally on new product builds, rework, debug, prototype, and development
- Perform detailed signal integrity and characterization measurements
- Setup and perform thermal analysis on various products and devices
- Perform Root Cause Analysis
- Experience in a hardware design and/or support environment
- Proven ability to do hands on engineering work e.g. rework, soldering (0201 and larger), test methodology, design, product debug, and prototyping
- Proficiency using electronic test equipment such as digital oscilloscopes, programmable power supplies.
- Understanding of hardware development best practices in the following functional areas: analog and digital.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including inventory tracking, keeping hardware components and tool organized
- Candidate majoring for BSEE or equivalent technical training
- Able to act quickly, switch tasks to accommodate changing priorities without losing focus on overall goals
- Can work independently and take ownership of open issues
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster(https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and its supplement (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf). The pay transparency policy is available here- https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_unformattedESQA508c.pdf. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.