Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
Under moderate supervision the Homeowner's Assistance Department Counselor initiates contact and provides assistance to consumer and mortgage loan customers who are in default. Counsels and guides the customer in order to achieve workout alternatives based upon customer's circumstances while complying with all investor, company, federal and insurer guidelines. The counselor works to minimize potential losses on delinquent loans by contacting the borrowers &/or their agents, mortgage brokers, real estate agents, title companies, attorneys, investors and insurers to work toward resolution of the delinquency in accordance with departmental and legal guidelines, while ensuring company and investor goals.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
- Pursues communication with defaulted customers utilizing manual dialing to offer potential workout alternatives - Contacts delinquent customers to obtain payment commitments.
- Makes collection/demand calls with an account load defined by applicable capacity model.
- Analyze customer's situation and collateral risk to present alternative solutions including Forbearance Plans, Repayment Plans, Modifications, Assumptions, Pre-foreclosure / Short Sales, and Deed in Lieu; Assist in identifying, negotiating and pursuing the appropriate loss mitigation option that best maximizes customer satisfaction and investor return.
- Review, negotiate and recommend action on requests for proposed foreclosure or repossession alternatives within the timeframes established by management.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve reasons for delinquency.
- Ability to explain all workout options within company / investor / insurer guidelines and know the requirements of each one.
- Skip tracing accounts for possible leads to find customers information to contact them.
- Quoting reinstatement amounts, payoffs, and setting up repayment plans within the system.
- Pursues resolution on referrals of non-delinquent customers who request alternatives to allow ownership retention.
- Ensures that all requested documentation has been requested and received from the customer.
- Monitors all accounts associated with Soldiers and Sailors Act to ensure compliance with all required guidelines.
- Record all collection efforts via the collection system.
- Recommend additional actions with Management assistance on delinquent accounts.
- Escalate calls and/or problem accounts to supervisor, repossession, legal or collection agencies as appropriate.
- Provides feedback to management for ideas on process improvement and suggestions for the specialty collections unit.
- Provides administrative support as directed by management.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Mortgage Collector($18.25/hour plus bonus)LOCATION -- Cincinnati, Ohio 45227
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum two years collection, support or related customer service experience; Loss Mitigation experience is preferable but not required.
- Knowledge of basic mortgage default timelines / procedures (bankruptcy / escrow/ foreclosure).
- Knowledge of bank-owned, investor & insurer guidelines for the mortgage and consumer companies.
- Required to know & adhere to FDCPA / Privacy Act / state laws as well as other bank policies in regards to collection guidelines.
- Excellence in consulting and advising customers via telephone and written communication.
- Excellent customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
- Excellent communication, comprehension, listening and negotiation skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently with medium level of supervision.
- Ability to analyze and suggest resolution to problems.
- Understanding of debt collections in any stage of delinquency (up to 180 days, charge off and bankruptcy). Foreclosure, bankruptcy and REO experience preferred.
- Familiarity with financial statements, tax returns, credit reports, home appraisals, title searches and other documents used to evaluate a pre-foreclosure remedy.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills to be used in financial counseling and evaluation and interpretation of complex information.
- Basic understanding of Mortgage lending and servicing.
- Must be able to work in a team environment to interact well with employees and all levels of the organizations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Access and Excel with a minimum level of Intermediate.
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.