Position Summary Reporting to the President & CEO of Military Housing, the Senior Vice President Operations is responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of all Property Management people, strategies and initiatives that promote optimal performance by the properties throughout the Military Housing portfolio. The SVP of Operations provides strategic leadership to all locations in the oversight of property management activities, including property operations, financial planning and achievement, product marketing, staff selection and management, to help maximize overall portfolio performance and profitability.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the efficient and cost-effective day-to-day operations of the portfolio.
- Reviews and approves annual budgets for each property, ensuring timely completion; tracks financial performance across the portfolio, and ensures that financial goals and budgets are met.
- Monitors the monthly financial performance of each property and ensures that lower level management anticipates and corrects deviations and problems.
- Sets and articulates the strategic direction of the portfolio, ensures that best management practices and approaches are up to date and in line with industry standards, anticipates the need for change and moving the management team forward.
- Develops and continually advances operations leadership team through effective strategic planning and performance management with focus aligned to overall business strategy and achievement of portfolio goals.
- Builds and maintains effective working relations between the Company's departments, divisions, affiliates, and our military partners.
- Is responsible for establishing and monitoring a formal measurement and reporting system to ensure that performance standards are met and adequate written records of performance are maintained.
- Provides professional representation to command, housing, government, and other external parties and maintains an open line of communication with the local and other Government entities as necessary.
- Direct responsibilities to hire, fire, performance management, coach, review and obtain/exchange information from direct reports and team.
- Will drive a personal, rental or company vehicle for work
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Reviews and approves expense reports.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and perform to financial goals (i.e., income, expenses, and budgets).
- Develops and monitors budgets and tracks variances for all projects in the portfolio.
- Responsible for achievement of profit and/or operating objectives for portfolio in total.
xperience and Qualifications
- Fifteen to twenty years' experience in Real Estate Property Management or Asset Management; experience in managing Military Housing highly preferred.
- Eight or more years' experience managing other employees with direct responsibility for hire, fire, coaching and developing staff.
- Strong experience developing and managing operational budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to create support and buy-in from staff, vendors, management, and other partners.
- Leadership and personnel development skills and the ability to present at a high level.
- Ability to prioritize for self and others, strong organizational skills.
- Ability to define problems and organize efficient solutions, analyze data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.