Our vision aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have career opportunities all across the world which can lead to a unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today! To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below to find your next career!
The Reviewing Medical Physician reports to the Nurse Manager and shall provide services for an on-site health clinic at Plum Island Animal Disease Center (PIADC), which provides facility Federal and contracted employees as well as visitors, FADD school students, visiting scientists and others with various health-related services, including occupational medical surveillance program elements (e.g., respiratory and other clearances), drug testing collection, medical exams, vaccines, respiratory fit testing etc. In addition, the Reviewing Medical Physician provides support to on-site health clinic to implement and continuously improve the PIADC employee wellness program. This is a per diem position of up to 8 hours per month. The Review Medical Physician is scheduled to report to the PIADC facility one day per month.
LOCATION OF SERVICES: Must be local toOrient Point, NY, Plum Island Animal Disease Center (PIADC)
* Specifies examination protocols appropriate to job hazards and in compliance with client's requirements, applicable laws, and standards.
* Recommends needed facilities, equipment, medications, and staff to ensure safe and adequate occupational health medical services for PIADC employees.
* Reviews all medical records generated from the occupational health exams and provides written opinions regarding medical suitability requirements.
* Serves on the facility medical review board as part of PIADC's Personnel Reliability Program.
* Assists PIADC leadership with maintaining an annual occupational health assessment and surveillance program for all PIADC staff based on a systematic job hazard analysis.
* Conducts occupational health medical examinations or tests required by employee annual health risk assessment.
* Reviews results of annual medical surveillances with employees and document conclusions regarding medical suitability for performing job functions in accordance with client's requirements, OSHA and OHP requirements.
* Provides reports/opinions regarding medical suitability to the employee's supervisor, senior leadership group member, or COR.
* Assists in the evaluation of short-term conditions that may impact one's ability for medical suitability when entering or exiting containment areas.
* Assists in the development of pre-placement medical examination criteria for Federal staff and use in contractor required documents.
* Provides clinical policy and leadership to professional staff.
* Consults with Acuity International corporate medical staff when appropriate or upon request of Program Manager.
* Hold a medical degree as either a M.D or D.O. with a current unrestricted, unencumbered physician license to practice medicine in New York State
* The ability to be favorably credentialed according to Acuity International standards, policies, and guidelines
* Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS).
* Ability to pass a background check and investigation conducted by the Department of Homeland Security.
* Board Certified in Occupational Medicine
* Excellent communication skills including public speaking.
* Have fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
* At least one year of on-site health care experience.
* Possess valid, current U.S. Driver's License.
* Possess a current U.S. passport.
* Complete PIADC-specific orientation and on-the-job training (OJT).
OTHER DUTIES AND SKILLS:
* Provides and assures consistency of clinical practice.
* Oversees clinical practice of all onsite health and medical providers.
* Ensures clinical and medical practices are aligned with Acuity International practices as well as professional standards and ethics, regulations and guidelines, best practices, and evidence-based principles.
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
* Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time
* May require bending, stooping, and lifting as required for patient care
Acuity International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.