Join an award-winning team that will provide you with professional growth and unlimited opportunities! Holy Family Memorial takes extreme pride in our employees and in the quality and range of services we provide. We are a family-friendly organization with great pay, benefits, and many perks to help with your busy lifestyle. Our network is comprised of several entities including Holy Family Memorial Medical Center, primary and specialty care physicians, multiple affiliated clinics, pharmacies, and specialty centers.
Assists the physician and/or nurse in performing patient care management while maintaining an up to date electronic medical record. In addition, assists in Critical Care Coordinator role as required. Also, assists with setup of patient care, placing phone calls, arranging transfers to a higher level of care, or initiating the admission process.
High school diploma required. Valid State of Wisconsin Intermediate license with 3-5 years experience in an Acute Care setting or valid State of Wisconsin license as Paramedic required.
Care of the critically ill patient in an acute care setting and/or Pre-hospital EMS experience preferred.
Must be CPR certified. ACLS required within one year of hire and PALS strongly encouraged. Ability to function as a team member in care of critically ill patients.
- Routinely assists with patient care at the direction of the RN, physician, or practitioner. Performs triage. Demonstrates proper triage process including placing patient appropriately. Documents information in electronic medical record. Assists with procedural sedation, monitors and maintains airway, breathing, and circulation according to protocols. Performs duties under direction from physician or RN.
- Always recognizes life-threatening situations and reports any change in the patient condition to the RN, physician, or practitioner. Assists with care of code blue, trauma patients, and/or STEMI patients. Assumes designated role within disaster management.
- Accurately performs physical assessment, reassessments of patients, and documents in the electronic record. Reports assessments, care outcomes, and discharging of patients to RN and/or physician. Accurately administers medications via appropriate ordered routes at the direction of RN and/or physician. This may include initiation of vascular access; IV's or IO's according to protocol.
- Consistently performs daily checklist; including daily defibrillator testing, refrigerator temperature monitoring, restocking of patient care supplies, updating WITRAC as appropriate, emptying and refilling laundry as appropriate, replace oxygen tanks if below 500 psi, and daily autopulse review. The list of responsibilities may be shared with nursing.
- Maintains HIPPA compliance EMTALA discussion-locates appropriate signage regarding EMTALA. Discussion of left without being seen, Against Medical Advice, Release from Screening, etc. Documentation of appropriate forms and/or under electronic medical record.
- Performs post-accident drug testing or random drug screens as required. Verifies required testing for applicable companies according to protocol. Assumes role of critical care coordinator when appropriate to assist with transferring of patients to a higher level of care, placing phone calls, assisting with set up and management of patient care including outpatient testing, admissions, etc.
- 36 hours per week - 2nd/3rd shift (7:00pm - 7:00am) Some weekends and Holidays required.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- 403(b) Plan
- Group term life insurance
- Earned time off
- Short-term disability
- Extensive employee perks
- And much more!
Department: Emergency Department
This is a full time position
Shift: Second and/or Third