Interstate Companies, Inc. is a dynamic organization that provides rewarding careers for more than 1,500 employees in its corporate office and five operating units - Interstate AssemblySystems, Interstate BearingSystems, Interstate IndustrialSystems, Interstate PowerSystems and I-State Truck Center.
I-State Truck Center is a dealer for Western Star.. We have been a market leader in the service industry for over 50 years, and we have excelled at providing solutions and adding value for our customers.
Industry experts like you already know that Western Star is the leader in heavy duty truck sales. We're looking for a strong Outside Sales person to support our customers by providing exceptional service through a strong understanding of the industry and the Western Star products. If you are a career sales person with a commitment to quality and excellence then we want to hear from you.
- Represent I-State Truck Center in truck sales for both new and used vehicles
- Able to work independently to build to expand your client base while being part of a team in the bigger picture
- Continually focus on strengthening your business relationships and growing your networks in new ways as well as through tried-and-true methods
- Use your innovative sales prowess to contact new business leads and generate interest with potential customers
- Function as a brand ambassador for Western Star by demonstrating your outstanding technical expertise
- Assist customers in all aspects of the sale: complete sales orders and related paperwork, coordinate financing with the appropriate department, receive payments and proofs of insurance, process title and tag paperwork with the appropriate department, prepare vehicles for delivery, deliver vehicles to customers and ensure they understand all vehicle features, explain warranties, answer all customer questions, and handle any special customer requests as needed
- Always be part of the team
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of and experience selling Class 6,7 and 8 vehicles is preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as good listening skills
- Must be the type of person who thrives on making cold calls and enjoys new business development
- Exceptional time management skills
- A team-player attitude and the ability to get along well with individuals from all walks of life
- High degree of self-motivation
- Be a problem-solver who will do what it takes to get our customers the results they need in a professional manner
- Not required but preferred Class B CDL license (will be required after one year of employment)
* Excellent compensation
* Continuing certification training
* Generous benefits including insurance options, paid time off, holiday, and, 401(k) with employer match
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.