TENNECO (formerly Federal-Mogul) IS ANNOUNCING HIGHER WAGES AND SHIFT DIFFERENTIALS!
We are introducing shift differentials effective 6/28/21!
2nd & 3rd Shift = $1.00
AND WE'RE INCREASING OUR ENITRE PAY SCALE!
We've increased our starting wages FROM $16.68 TO $17.50 with the opportunity to progress to $22.85 after 36 months!
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY, COME JOIN OUR TEAM AND EARN A $1,500 SIGN ON BONUS!
Go to jobs.tenneco.com
Benefits awarded day 1! Including 14 PAID holidays, Domestic Partner insurance, vacation on day 1, & more!
SUMMARY: Setup, operates and adjust valve guide compacting presses and furnace. Performs visual and dimensional inspection at the compacting, and sintering operations by performing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- `Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility's quality, environmental, health and safety policies that are identified by our management systems.
- Reads routers, and production schedules for product specifications such as: dimensions, tolerance, and number of parts to be processed and when and where. Read special instructions as required. Records information for inspection and production using various forms, logs, and computer systems.
- Monitors product for product specifications using but not limited to the following types of inspection equipment: micrometer, digital indicators, scales, hardness tester, optical comparators, digital controllers, flow gages, and visual aids.
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper press settings, feeds and speeds, temperatures, cycle times, pressure settings and other controls are in conformance to specification by using established standards.
- Utilizes statistical data to determine conforming product. Analyses and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in determining cause of failure.
- Ability to setup, start, shut down, monitor and operate all types of Valve Guide compacting presses.
- Install and remove tooling from compacting presses.
- Makes adjustments to the cams, fill, ram, underfill, stops and core rod, adjust presses for optimum production of parts to meet customer specification and to assure capability of press.
- Completes first piece inspection and monitors press to assure conformance prior to releasing press to production.
- Assures furnace settings are correct.
- Operates overhead hoists, and hand jacks. Loads and unloads various types of containers, which in include but are not limited to pans, bins, baskets and trays.
- Assist operators in making adjustments as required.
- Make adjustments to automation equipment as required.
- Distributes powder into proper powder hoppers and to the proper press lines.
- Monitor the appropriate furnace temperatures, atmosphere and belt speed in relationship for the sintering process of parts.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow all safety rules and regulations while performing operations.
- Troubleshoots and performs appropriate maintenance of the equipment by observation and general cleaning. Constantly be alert of problems that need to be addressed regarding equipment, tooling and quality of production
- Overtime is required as posted weekly and may be mandated for this position.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled