PURPOSE: To create an innovative and fun family entertainment utilizing specialized skills and abilities to ensure a positive guest experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties listed below include performance within a character costume as well as an out of costume character handler (cohort).
- Entertain Nickelodeon Universe and Mall of America guests in a professional manner
- Ensure the safety of guests and costume characters
- Provide outstanding internal and external guest service
- Perform to highest standards and act appropriately for family audiences
- Take direction from Team Leads and Supervisors
- Maintain cleanliness of work environments both "onstage" and off
- Assist with set up, execution and tear down of special events including birthday parties and mall events
- Regular, reliable and consistent attendance
- Additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- To provide excellent guest service
- Represent Nickelodeon Universe and Mall of America with highest degree of professionalism
- Good listening skills when dealing with guests, coworkers and supervisors
- Ability to work as part of a team and in collaboration with other departments.
- Able to work within the character costume, ie: not claustrophobic or overly sensitive to excessive heat.
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must be between 4'11" and 5'10" with slim/athletic build to fit in existing character costumes. Strong need for performers under 5'3
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Stand/move about --Frequently, 90%
- Kneel/crouch-- Periodically, up to 40%
- Reach at or above shoulder level -- Frequently, 50%
- Reach at or below shoulder level -- Frequently, 50%
- Handle/lift large items such as boxes or packages -- Daily
- Bend/stoop/squat -- Frequently, 50%
- Repetitive motion -- Occasionally, 30%
*Physical notes--performer must be able to safely stand on hard surface floor for long periods of time. Bending, squatting and lifting is a regular part of the job and difficult to avoid. Character costumes range from 15-40 lbs of distributed weight depending on the costume. The weight of most of the costumes is focused primarily on the neck, shoulders and back. Both costume and cohort work has extreme temperature changes. The costumes can get very hot and we wear "ice vests" to help keep the core of the body cool while inside the costume.
*Mall of America® is an EEO employer: women, minorities, the disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.