Internship Title:Intern - Real Estate
Reports To:Executive Aide & Property Coordinator
Internship Functions: This job description is not meant to exhaustively encompass all potential job responsibilities that will be expected of an employee, but rather an overview of the main responsibilities associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to permit those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Research potential acquisitions (WinGis, Assessor Website, Proforma Modeling, Pictures, Market Analysis).
- Assist with permitting/correspondence with City of Rockford for new projects.
- Use Excel and other software programs for project tracking, analysis and reporting.
- Understand basic lease terms and structures, NNN leasing and Common Area Maintenance.
- Create budgets into project tracking spreadsheets for Proforma Analysis.
- Reconciling of construction contracts and vendor payments.
Degree, Major, Field of Study, Course Requirements (if applicable):
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and must:
- Be enrolled in a full time Bachelor's or Master's degree program, or
- Have a declared field of study and enrolled full-time in an Associate's degree program, or equivalency to full-time enrollment when attending a trade school or certification program; or
- Have recently graduated with a degree or certification from these programs within the last six months
- Applicants should be seeking a degree or certification in business or a related field.
Skill Based Requirements:
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, DocuSign and other internal software programs.
- Basic Mathematics, Percentages and Ratios skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to communicate and present work results to the team and executive management.
- Participate in group discussions.
- Professional Telephone and Email Correspondence.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- This individual in this position will be required to regularly communicate with internal and external customers to answer/ask inquiries and perform other job related tasks. Must be able to exchange information clearly and accurately in all situations.
- Must be able to move to conduct customer site visits, storefront audits, and check-in's at assigned contract locations.
- This position requires the majority of the time to be spent in front of a computer screen. Must be able to accurately perceive and identify sensitive employee information.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Exposure to an open floor, indoor office environment; expect regular staff interaction and interruption throughout the workday.