Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
This position plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products. Has the ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws by performing the following duties.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Responsible for ensuring that a quality product is being produced by the plant that meets the customer requirements and Tenneco standards.
- Responsible for adhering to the Quality, Environmental Health and Safety Management Program as specified in the Management Systems.
- Designated quality engineers may be required to supervise the daily activities of the quality assurance inspectors, by planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Schedules employees according to workload and weekend work requirements. Maintains accurate and appropriate records for employees; i.e. attendance, disciplinary, etc.
- Read and evaluates blueprints to develop standards, methods for inspection testing, and establishes frequency of inspection for in-coming, in-process and final audits - for current and new products. Interprets engineering drawings, specifications or formulas and confers with management and engineering staff to determine quality conformance.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data. Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and test products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Records, interprets and analyzes test data, applying statistical quality control principles and methods.
- Extracts data from the data collection system and utilizes the data to prepare appropriate charts used for making determinations related to quality issues/concerns. Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities. Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability. Determines inspection requirements for new parts and continually maintains inspection plans.
- Supports in setting up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics. Performs all dimensional test requirements for in-process/audits/final audits and PPAP ISIR submissions.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Analyzes test results on defective parts to aid in determining cause of failure and assists production with trouble shooting and corrective action measures.
- Properly identifies and analyzes and resolves non-conforming material and assists with disposition of materials. Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Attends and participates in Quality Improvement Teams, supports such teams in explaining various methods and approaches and monitors results.
- Develops and maintains all current and new PPAP/ISIR dimensional, metallurgical documentation and procurement of outside metallurgical analysis/certification, and compiles the sample submission. Updates and maintains required annual dimensional layouts. Obtains and maintains customer approvals on such submissions.
- Supports assigned customers with Quality and performance problem resolution, new parts planning including monitoring and deploying customer specific requirements as they apply to the product or the process.
- Active participant on manufacturing projects and maintenance of FMEA's and Control Plans.
- Maintains SPC/Gagetalker system and conduct training of new employees on all shifts. Enters new jobs into system and makes revisions when necessary. Purges databases quarterly, typically when production is not running. Responsible for the set-up, daily operation and daily maintenance of the data collection system used throughout the Production process.
- Coordinates, performs, and interprets capability studies. Maintains an understanding of dimensional inspection gauging and techniques to be used to qualify new parts and new machine capabilities. Selection of special characteristics.
- Shall demonstrate the ability to access Customer Portals and properly complete customer-specific requirements as outlined in the Customer Quality systems. (Supplier performance / Scorecards, APQP Reporting, Warranty Management, Change Management, Problem reporting and resolution, Customer assessments, etc.)
EDUCATION:Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with five years manufacturing experience and three years quality or relevant experience in machining discipline preferred and/or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer with ten years manufacturing experience including five years in quality.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Tier one automotive experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior inspection experience preferred.
- Experience in a powder metal manufacturing setting preferred.
- Experience in applicable Quality Management Systems specifications and customer specific requirements are required or may be obtained through combination of continued education and experience, this includes but not limited to Core Tools (APQP, FMEA, SPC and MSA) and Internal Auditing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled