Manufacturing Process Intern-Limited Term Employee
Position Reports to
Date of Job Description
April 4, 2019
Education and Experience Requirement
College Degree or enrolled in a College Industrial Engineering or similar program or significant related experience.
- Experience in metal/machine shop techniques helpful.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio, experience with an ERP system is helpful.
- Experienced in Solid Works or similar design software.
- Ability to read, understand and explain schematics, blueprints and/or technical manuals.
- Ability to read, understand and observe manufacturing processes and translate them to Bills of Material and Routings.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Physical- Must be able to move through the manufacturing plant to observe manufacturing processes with or without accommodation.
- Working Hours- (45+ hrs/week) employment
- Personal Traits- Excellent communication skills with positive teamwork and safety attitude. Ability to interface and communicate effectively with various department personnel and supervisors.
- Conscientious attention to detail and accuracy while able to multi-task and trouble shoot.
Level of Responsibility and Authority
Responsible for reviewing current process sheets, validating the process and entering the Bill of Material; and Routing into the Vista ERP system.
- Perform time and motion studies in support of plant's incentive system
- Update and modify plant floor layout using Solid works
- Create and update SOPs/Work Instructions to document standard processes
- Support plant 5S efforts
- Assist in updating existing production layouts
- Participate in lean and continuous improvement projects, BOM audit and verification Qualifications
- Knowledge of Lean tools such as Time/Motion Study, 5S, Kanban, Standardization
- Identify waste, propose improvements and lead / support implementation of improvement projects on manufacturing processes
- Execute multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Good communication skills; verbal, written and able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Detail oriented, team player, flexible and self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned.