Charter Manufacturing is a fourth-generation family-owned business where our will to grow drives us to do it better. Join the team and become part of our family!
Charter Dura-Bar in Woodstock, IL is how hiring a Mechanical Engineering intern to join their Engineering group!
This is a summer internship opportunity (targeted start date June 2021)
Become part of the Engineering department while being exposed to varying issues. Assist and/or lead multiple Mechanical Engineering projects supporting the different facets of the business. Collaborate directly with other employees and work on projects independently. Grow through Charter's Internship values of communication, high expectations, accountability, responsibility, teamwork, exposure to business, and real-world work experience.
- Enrollment in a four-year degree program in Mechanical Engineering or a related field with current status of at least a Sophomore level.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- AutoCAD and Solid Works.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems (hydraulics, pneumatic).
- Data analysis and problem solving techniques.
- Assist with designing machine upgrades.
- Complete designs and layouts for equipment and structures.
- Work with maintenance to troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Apply engineering principles to design and material selection.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects.
- Assist in other projects and function as a resource for other team members.
- Support existing engineering projects.
- Document and improve processes.
- Ability to meet the essential job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, as outlined in the job description.
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements.
- Juggling multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Working independently with little direction.