Processing Utility (Dairy Processing) - 2nd & 3rd Shifts ($23.00/Hr)
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We're a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. While Kraft Heinz is co-headquartered in Chicago and Pittsburgh, our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Heinz, Philadelphia, Lunchables, Velveeta, Planters, Maxwell House, Capri Sun, Ore-Ida, Kool-Aid, Jell-O, Primal Kitchen, and Classico, among others.
No matter the brand, we're united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we're transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion - and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen - there's only one thing to do: join our table and let's make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level - from entry-level intern to senior leader - to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners - to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz - which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You're expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level - and you'll be rewarded. You're given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won't do it alone. You're supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
Job Descriptionob Overview:
Are you ready to join a team that produces quality products that are amongst over 50 household brands in the U.S.? This is a place for you to create your career and make a career!
This position is responsible for the operation and sanitation for the Processing Department. This position must monitor specific areas of the Conversion Department, assess process needs, and take appropriate steps to address the needs while focusing on safety, quality, cost, and delivery. The Processing Utility must demonstrate leadership ability, communication skills, ability to multi-task, and a strong working knowledge of plant production process policies. This employee must be flexible and able to work extended hours to provide plant coverage whenever necessary.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Understands the manufacturing processes and interactions between the different processing functions and recognizes optimization potentials.
- Supports the Team Leader, Supervisor, and Business Unit Manager in all decisions.
- Initiates corrective actions as appropriate and informs Team Leader/Supervisor of any deviation/variation from production plan, quality, safety, and cost goals.
- Ensures the rules of safety, product quality, hygiene (GMP, HACCP, and ISO) are followed.
- Ensures that all production data is entered and correctly followed up in relation to individual processing functions.
- Ensures the safety of all employees working in or around area.
- Participates in start-up and hand-off meetings at the start and end of shift.
- Ensures all processing equipment as well as facilities are properly cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis in accordance with Kraft Heinz Sanitation Procedures and Quality Expectation Standards.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining calibrations for the Food Scan, Process Scan, FT120, and all other NIR equipment.
- Conducts and documents quality checks such as cook sheets, recording charts, temperature charts, and other process documentation.
- Responsible for completing and documenting period work for the Processing Department.
- Communicates with the Control Room Operator position regarding all aspects of the cream cheese process.
- Ensures compliance to all plant rules and policies.
- Support Plant Quality Systems.
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement process:
- Participates in CI work groups within the processing area as well as across the plant.
- Reports any technical issues related to equipment and automation.
- Continuously strives for improvements in regards to safety, quality, cost and delivery.
- Includes other departments (maintenance, engineering, quality) for problem solving and improvements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Work according to safety requirements as identified in the Employee Handbook, plant safety programs, and job-specific detailed process sheets.
- The ability to calculate and make decisions with respect to White Rinse capabilities, white rinse usage rates, white rinse quality, and salt and gum addition rates.
- Ability to communicate with all links of the white rinse process. (i.e. Separator Operators, Mix Operators, Sanitation Operators, Maintenance Department, etc.).
- Takes ownership of the management of salvage inventories, the white rinse and flavors flush systems.
- Washing and sanitizing equipment and equipment parts to ensure "safe" and excellent "quality" product (Lines, White Rinse Tanks, Flavors Flush Tanks, Whey Load Out Lines, Pumps, Air Valves, MSD Separator and intake silos).
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Team Leader.
- Responsible to follow FSQ requirements such as GMP's and other daily/job specific duties to support QRMP.
- High School Diploma/GED Required.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to work with little or no direct supervisor at all times.
- Ability to work in a cooler environment.
- Ability to acquire and maintain Fork Truck License.
- Ability to understand and enter data into SAP accurately.
- Ability to interface with all customers in an effective manner keeping customer focus in mind.
- Perform all duties safely and efficiently.
- Ability to effectively work with co-workers.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of cream cheese technology and manufacturing processes.
- Solid understanding of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes.
- Good understanding of manufacturing cost aspects.
- Must demonstrate the following leadership competencies:
- Drive for results
- Functional/Technical Expertise
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Taking Initiative
- Customer Service
- Required to perform job duties efficiently and safely.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and utilize plant approved safe lifting practices for over 50 pounds.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be adaptable to change.
- Must have demonstrated decision making skills.
- Minimum of two (2) years in manufacturing environment, preferably in the cheese/dairy industry.
- Internal candidates must have demonstrated exceptional attendance history as well as performance history.
- Processing Utilities must attend and be current on Confined Space Training on an annual basis.
- Must be able to work extended hours on all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must adhere to all Kraft Policies as stated in the Employee Handbook and follow internal Kraft Heinz Procedures.
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
- Additional perks: Pet Insurance, (EAP) Employee Assistance Program, etc.
- (HRA) Health Reimbursement Account or (HSA) Health Savings Account.
- Starting Pay $23.00/Hour
- Non-Union (FOIP) Field Operations Incentive Plant.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including weekends/holidays.
- First Shift: 5am - 1pm
- Second Shift: 1pm - 9pm
- Third Shift: 9pm - 5am
Plant & Community Overview:
- 206 employees
- Non Union Plant
- First Shift: 5am - 1pm
- Second Shift: 1pm - 9pm
- Third Shift: 9pm - 5am
- Plant History:
- J.L. Kraft purchased the Phenix Cheese Company in 1928, only 25 years after selling cheese to grocers in Chicago from his horse drawn wagon.
- In 1929, approximately 90 employees in the Kraft-Phenix Cheese Plant in Beaver Dam produced 10 million pounds of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Neufchatel, Camambert Cheeses, along with butter and sweet cream.
- Separation technology, which allowed cream cheese to stay fresher much longer - going from 18 days to 120 days, was developed in Beaver Dam by Oscar J. Link in the 1940's.
- In the 1960's the plant underwent a major remodeling to add additional cooler storage and dry storage. Kraft Heinz continues to invest in the Beaver Dam facility with state-of-the-art technologies in the cream cheese industry.
Visit this link to learn more about why is a great community to live and work in!Location(s)Beaver Dam Plant
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.