Stability. Innovation. Industry Leader -We are Silgan.
Network Security Engineer located in Oconomowoc WI
No Sponsorship Offered
Become part of Silgan's "blue chip"infrastructure team andserve as a subject matter expert on the company's network and firewall infrastructure. Responsible for the design, build, and management of the security infrastructure of the information technology (IT) systems across multiple environments, nationally and globally.
What you'll do:
- Design new solutions to enhance network security for promoting business outcomes, per best practices
- Architect and engineer Palo Alto firewall platforms
- Monitor and maintain all firewall systems
- Upgrade and support Palo Alto firewalls (HW & SW)
- Assure infrastructure remains stable and cost-effective
- Interact knowledgeably with security personnel, vendors, consultants, and security solutions
- Troubleshoot firewall issues pertaining to both the firewall health and traffic that passes through
- Assist team members with new rules or rule modification to allow for required communication
- Serve in a weekly 24 hours on-call support
- Provide detailed documentation around designed solutions and provide training to other members of the IT team
- Ensure compliance with standards and review firewall policies to meet these standards
- Research products that will improve the security posture of the organization
- Participate in discovering, vetting, and implementing new technologies for improving our infrastructure and the business
- Travel up to 20% for remote support, both nationally and internationally
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computers, or related experience with a focus on Networking and Security
- 4+ years of relevant experience, specifically working with firewalls and experience with Palo Alto Firewalls
- Advanced knowledge of computer security and networking, a good understanding of the OSI model, TCP\UPD, and TCP Ports.
- Understanding how to perform packet capture and analyze that captured data
- Experience with Microsoft Visio or similar product and creating a network diagram
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally
What we can offer you:
- A stable and reliable company
- A great culture where you feel like a member of our family - achievements are recognized, acknowledged, and celebrated
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid time off, wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and more
Who We Are:
Silgan Containers is the largest provider of metal food packaging in the United States. Trusted by America's most respected brands, our reputation is based on a foundation of quality, excellence, and unsurpassed technical expertise. We pride ourselves on being a solution-based partner to our customers and work hard to earn their business every day.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.