A company based in Oconomowoc is looking to hire on an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Technician for a flexible 2nd or 3rd shift position. This is a full time position, full benefits will become available after 90 days.
If you're interested, meet the basic qualifications and have prior experience please call Tara for an immediate interview. 262-754-3955
Shift: Flexible 2nd or 3rd - Candidates can set their specific hours as long as it is an 8 hour shift between the hours of 2pm and 6am.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Education and/or Experience High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass required company tests
- Solid understanding of mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics and plumbing
- Welding and cutting skills preferred
- Language/Mathematical Skills
- Proficient in reading and writing
- Capable of climbing, kneeling, reaching and working in restricted or confined spaces
- Standing for long periods of time
- Capable of lifting at least 50lbs.