Network Engineer II - heavy cisco, route/switch, wireless, LAN/WAN. Deep technical skills in DNS/DHCP and routing protocols. Technical knowledge of firewalls, load balancing, SD-WAN, VOIP Network Management and Cloud Computing technologies. Vulnerability remediation focus, patching, fixing, config mgmt, solar winds/baseline config, alerting/monitoring, ansible, python, etc
Our client a nationwide Less Than Truckload (LTL) company that serves the US, Canada and Mexico, needs a Network Engineer II for engineering, enhancing and supporting our mission critical network infrastructure. This engineering role will help lead the team's activities for system design, security, architecture and implementation of network infrastructure solutions. You will be responsible for implementing, enhancing and optimizing the support of industry standard and emerging networking technologies, including researching and recommending solutions to improve the supportability and capability of critical infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Requirements Gathering, Design and Implementation (15%):
- Install, configure, test and maintain Network infrastructure systems, application software and system management tools
- Assists with maintaining and enhancing accurate documentation steps for installation, maintenance and configuration activities.
- Manages team and small departmental projects. Coordinates the successful execution of project activities. Assists and develops project presentation. Presents project presentation to technical groups.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Assists with the documentation of work and implementation standards/processes/procedures for the broader work group
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of information technology concepts and principles, as a means of relating business needs to technology solutions.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of project management, and experience providing tasks, milestones and time estimation within project plans.
Technology Innovation: (25%):
- Seeks opportunity to automate, simplify and consolidate Network Infrastructure platforms and processes
- Write and maintain automation code utilizing Python, Ansible or similar DevOps tools to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Actively participates in and assists with vendor contract negotiations for areas of technology expertise
- Stays abreast of industry trends and best practices. Proactively identifies opportunities to leverage technology, improve processes, and enhance vendor relations to reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction. Works with management team to develop strategic direction for team.
Process and Support (50%):
- Manage and monitor all installed Network systems and infrastructure
- Remediate vulnerabilities identified by the Information Security Team and enhance baseline configurations
- Monitor and test network architectures, identify possible solutions, and work with customers to implement those fixes.
- Evaluates and responds appropriately to customer issues and requests. Handles highly complex issues with moderate assistance. Escalates when necessary to appropriate team or individual to resolve.
- Works complex incidents, performs troubleshooting, administers repairs. Drives team to meet team SLAs
Peer Leadership (10%):
- Actively coaches level one engineers, providing feedback as necessary
- Is as a SME for key areas of expertise and drive key projects or ongoing operational functions
- Assists with strategy/roadmap, and identifies and recommends new technology solutions to meet business needs
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals. Acts to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant in depth technical knowledge in areas related to platform specific systems and/or network operations.
- Experience with configuring and supporting enterprise grade network equipment (routers, switches, wireless, firewalls).
- Experience troubleshooting circuits.
- Ability to work effectively with personnel on all levels.
- Experience in supporting a large enterprise infrastructure.
- Experience with CISCO network switches
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls
- Experience with F5 Load Balancers
- Experience network monitoring solutions and packet capture software.
- Experience with DevOps tools and methodologies
- Experience with Remediating software & configuration vulnerabilities