New Journey AI is currently seeking Instructors (Driving) with our client in their Detroit, MI location. This is a 12+ month/year contract position.
- Our client is looking for Fleet Systems Operator instructors. This role is a temporary assignment. As a Fleet Systems Operator instructor, you will be responsible for the training of new operators in monitoring the health and performance of our vehicles. You will work with the Fleet Systems leadership team to maintain an up-to-date curriculum. As an FSO instructor, you will develop a variety of teaching skills to accommodate the many learning styles of our trainees.
- Our client's mission is to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Professionalism, care, and personal responsibility are required at all times. Operators must pass a number of training checkpoints and are expected to keep all project details confidential. ***Instructor Locations*** Selected Instructors will remain in their work location. Temps in both PHX and AUS can apply for consideration. ***Instructor Scheduled*** Monday through Friday for AM and PM shift coverage during new hire training duration only. When not in New hire training they will remain in their original assigned shift.
- Assist in creating and maintaining training materials
- Utilize real world and simulated situations to support the training of new operators
- Meet daily with FSO leadership to discuss trainee evaluations Practice a firm yet understanding teaching approach, adjusting to the learning style of each trainee Reinforce the FSO team values in everything you do Identify gaps in individual trainee knowledge and work with leadership to develop a personalized plan to fill those knowledge gaps Mentor new operators and help to make them feel comfortable asking questions Work after shift hours to review training material with trainees as they work towards training checkpoints
- Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Conduct classroom sessions and training presentations
- Monitor and train new operators, ensuring all policies and guidelines are followed
- Work one-on-one with trainees to evaluate their progress and sign off on training checkpoints
- 5 years of driving experience
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
- Self-starter with creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Able to focus on a single task for long periods of time
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to type at least 40 wpm
- At least 4 months of Fleet Systems Operations experience
- 1 year of previous training experience
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent supervision skills Comfortable presenting to small groups
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time between PHX to NOVI
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
About New Journey AI:
We are passionate about technology and understanding how technology can help create a better tomorrow, today. We can contribute to perfecting the intelligence behind the self-driving vehicle by providing drivers to test, track and capture their experiences. Sounds simple, but the experiences and learnings lead to data which helps advance smart living, improving safety and protecting lives, advancing mobility and contributing to a greener planet.
New Journey AI will create employment opportunities and pave a new career path, but moreover, at the heart, we are a people company that is helping our clients advance new, experimental, driverless AI technology to improve the transportation of people, safely. Our role is to support the testing of the driverless technology and gathering data to refine machine learning.
As the partner of choice to the self-driving industry, we actively promote and encourage diversity and inclusion of all people regardless of race, ethnicity or socio-economic status.
To learn more about New Journey AI and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.newjourneyai.com. "New Journey AI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V