Nasco is looking to hire an experienced Technical Architect to join our HQ IT team in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin (remote work available). Nasco is undergoing an exciting transformation of our business, facilitated by a complete transformation of our technology environment. This situation offers a unique opportunity for the right person to help guide and deliver on a new technology vision for the company.
- This position will be responsible for leading the design and execution of IT architecture supporting business applications including: Applications, data, cloud, and integrations.
- The primary objective of this role is to ensure that our many new solutions are designed and implemented to produce a flexible, secure and highly resilient technical environment that supports our business.
- This person will be a key technical leader on the IT team, interfacing with business and IT leaders, as well as working in the trenches with our partners to deliver solutions.
- The scope of work will focus primarily on technical strtegy, design and implementation of new platforms and projects.
- Lead the technical architecture and implementation of our transformation projects.
- Use your technical strength to guide and hold our partners accountable in the work they do.
- Get hands on to technically deliver and troubleshoot key integrations.
- Assess the IT environment on an ongoing basis to identify opportunities and risks.
- Develop practical/implementable plans and roadmaps that improve the value and risk of IT.
- Develop architectural and technical standards to guide the development of solutions and the selection of partners and 3rd party products.
- Consult with project teams and business leaders to ensure we are incorporating sound technical considerations in the scope, time and cost of new projects.
- Audit our partner performance and cost effectiveness to ensure we are getting good value and that our environments are performing to business expectations.
- Develop architecture and business process diagrams of current and target states.
- Work with our IT Business Operations Manager to evolve our IT processes to optimize our performance within the limits of our small team and heterogeneous partner environment.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships for contracted work and tools.
- Assist the CIO and leadership team as needed