Warehouse Supervisor – Appleton, WI
“A Great Place to Work.”
As a Warehouse Supervisor at Werner Electric Supply, you’ll join a growing, innovative, and leading distributor of electrical products, services and solutions that consistently ranks as one of the top electrical distributors nationwide. As an employee of Werner Electric Supply, we’re committed to improving you and our workplace. You matter, and we strive to retain our people by providing career options and long-term security.
You’ll receive training and development, recognition for your hard work and successes, and opportunities to volunteer so you can positively-impact our customers and community. We also provide strong benefits and compensations packages, including: medical and dental insurance, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, annual bonuses and merit increases based on performance, tuition reimbursement, and even pet insurance!
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous relative leadership experience or supervisory, management, or leadership training.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Frequently required to stand. Regularly required to walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. Occasionally required to sit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems.
- Trace history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommend remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow.
- Assign duties and examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Know and implement Werner quality standards and make improvements when needed.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Create team atmosphere and resolve complaints; seek guidance or assistance from Operations Manager if unable to resolve.
- Build and maintain customer relationships.
- Provide feedback on adequate stock levels and may be responsible for scheduling special and/or periodic inventory checks and/or cycle counts.
- Coordinate product returns.
- Work with Outside Sales Representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- May handle inbound sales lead calls and convert calls into sales.
- May provide new customer data and other sales data for current customers to be entered into database.
- Review records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- Prepare Report of First Injury within 48 hours of applicable events.
- Follow established OSHA guidelines and maintain a safe work environment.
- Communicate company information to subordinate employees as applicable.
- May be responsible for all facets of delivery vehicles, warehouse, and equipment, including maintenance, which may include cleanliness of grounds and building, general building maintenance, and/or snow removal and lawn care.
- May assist the walk-in customer by providing products or information on products or services or assisting with loading customer vehicles with product.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Founded in 1948, Werner Electric Supply has grown from a small appliance store in downtown Neenah, WI into an award-winning employer and leading electrical distributor with 11 branch locations in Wisconsin and Upper-Michigan. Headquartered in Appleton, WI, we provide electrical, lighting, network, process, and inventory management solutions for a diverse group of industrial and construction customers. We are a growing, privately-held company with over 400 employees who uphold a strong local reputation and a family culture built around the “Werner Way.” As a recent New North Workplace Excellence Award winner, we’re dedicated to the continuous improvement of our people, products, and services to ensure the long-term success of our employees and customers. Apply today and find out why we’re a “Great Place to Work.”
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance (company-paid and other elective coverages)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid holidays, vacation, personal, and sick days
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Accident Insurance & Critical Illness Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual bonuses and merit increases based on performance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Programs
- Career Development & Leadership Training
Werner Electric Supply is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.