The General Dynamics Land Systems Intern Program provides an opportunity for students looking to start or continue the transition from academia into industry. Our three-month internship assignments provide key functional areas of our business, getting real-world experience and mentorship from seasoned professionals. This is a Summer Intern position within Manufacturing supporting machining functions with electrical controls. These functions include:
- Troubleshooting and documenting current machining practices & methods to improve speeds, feeds, and outcomes.
- Design for production delivery support including debug, test, and qualification
- Assisting Engineers with developing machine process fixes, and Coordinate Solutions
- Support component selection, procurement, and prototype hardware builds
- Review and develop requirement documents and test plans
- Strong record keeping skills with commitment to tracking design changes, debug status, H/W and S/W revisions.
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited 4-year university or college.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is preferred
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a U.S. Person (i.e. a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.)
- Candidates must successfully pass standard pre-employment screens and must provide an original transcript from their school before their first day of employment.
- Students must be able to complete a minimum of a full time, 3 month assignment
- Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.- Ability to use Engineering Development and Test Tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact email@example.com for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.