Relationship Bankers work in the client facing areas of our branch environment and are responsible for handling a broad variety of client needs ranging from taking care of a deposit or loan payment to accessing financial products and services. Beginning with the goal of providing a highly personalized level of service, their role empowers them to handle any presented need, and from there, deepen relationships with individually customized solutions. Relationship Bankers manage an existing portfolio of clients and are responsible for opening deposit and loan products on demand as well as proactive business development focused on Mass Affluent, Emerging Market and Target Market clients for their core banking needs.
Client Relationship Management Responsibilities
Advises consumer and small business clients in their selection of deposit accounts, loans and other products and financial services.
- Act as primary point of contact for assigned portfolio of clients and work proactively to deepen relationships and ensure client retention; proactively work to acquire new clients.
- Identify and successfully refer clients and prospects to appropriate business partners resulting in expanded relationships in other lines of business.
- Meet and exceed individual goals for new loans, deposit accounts and referrals; utilize various reports to monitor and report on progress.
- Contribute to achievement of revenue goals, while maintaining pricing discipline.
- Effectively and consistently use the JFG Customer Relationship Management system as the primary tool for managing client relationships.
- Remains familiar with competitor products, services and pricing; understands and uses techniques with clients to compare and contrast JFG products and services.
- Responds to customer inquiries and concerns and provides positive solutions.
- Assists customers with account maintenance, documentation, disputes and other required paperwork and documentation utilizing technology and resources available.
- Adheres to established operational procedures and controls for security and safety policies.
Cash Handling Key Responsibilities
- Accurately cash checks, processes deposits, withdrawals and cash advances for consumer and business clients.
- Confirm identification of client and determine that all necessary documents are in proper form and within authorized limits prior to processing transactions.
- Balance cash drawer daily and verifies cash provided from/returned to the vault.
- Issues official checks, traveler's checks, gift cards, and other instruments and process tax payments, change orders, foreign currency, loan payments, and safe deposit box payments.
- Process various reports as required by branch.
- Properly scan work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform safe deposit duties.
- Perform other branch operations and service-related work.
- Assist in opening and closing the branch and vault daily; assists in balancing vault currency and coin; balances ATM.
- Maintain knowledge of security and safety policies and strictly adheres to established procedures, follows established internal and dual control standards to mitigate risk to our clients and JFG.
- Additional duties are based on level (see Distinction across levels).
Sales - Advising and Servicing Clients
- Execution of our comprehensive sales process which includes successful prospecting, planning and gaining new business.
- Knowledge of full portfolio of JFG products and services; actively cross-sells full breadth and depth of products. Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales, cross-sales and referral goals.
- Actively call/joint call on identified target segments, prospects, centers of influence, etc. to lead new business development and client acquisition efforts.
- Expand new and existing relationships by advising and recommending appropriate solutions that will exceed client expectations and positively influence client retention.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business partners to expand customer relationships across all lines of business.
- Perform proactive customer needs assessments on a regular basis.
- Give persuasive sales presentations and tailors delivery and material to meet audience needs.
- Applies sound judgment, innovation and appropriate creativity in management of client relationships.
- Participates in an active and meaningful role in a community or industry organization.
Cross Sales and Referrals
- Knowledge of full portfolio of JFG products; ability to cross-sell full breadth and depth of products.
- Responsible for establishing, building and maintaining strong internal relationships across all lines of business to ensure consistent and frequent referral activities.
- Expand new and existing relationships by advising and recommending appropriate solutions that will exceed client expectations.
- Consistently meets or exceeds referral goals.
JOB REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 2 years successful sales experience in a goal-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed goals.
- National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration required (preferred upon employment).
- Exhibits the following:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid problem solving and decision making ability.
- Skilled at 'learning on the fly'-is a versatile and relentless learner.
- High School diploma required; advanced training/education preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities