Join Ecolab as the Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Manager for our manufacturing and distribution facilities in Roscoe, IL and Beloit, WI and continue to steer our safety culture that recently celebrated two years without an injury!
The SHE Manager leads all SHE processes and initiatives for our two facilities by engaging with our employees and teams to identify losses, develop & implement creative solutions, and celebrate successes. They will do this by fostering positive relationships and team development to promote a collaborative, engaged safety culture. This leader will also partner with SHE teams across the network to share best practices and implement and upgrade SHE policies and practices. As the key representative to outside agencies they will also drive compliance with all applicable safety and environmental requirements, including both internal and external audits and assessments. With safety as the conduit, they will leverage a strong foundation of TPM and operational excellence methodologies to continuously improve our performance across all key metrics.
What's in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy, and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- Be part of a local team and global company that celebrate diverse people, perspectives and ideas
- Competitive pay and benefits package starting day one of employment
What You Will Do:
- Lead and guide site vision and strategy as a member of the Plant Leadership Team
- Provide guidance and technical expertise to ensure compliance with SHE regulations.
- Coach leaders and associates on effective safety leadership and anchor behavioral based safety processes.
- Develop and implement systems and processes for SHE system to ensure training is timely and effective, incident investigations are timely and complete, audits are regularly scheduled observations resolved.
- Represent the plant in SH&E audit reviews conducted by third parties; communicate trends in audit findings, corrective actions, and observed best practices.
- Develop SOPs for facility compliance with the major regulatory programs and safety contingency plans including MPRI, RCRA, EPA, Clean Water Act, OSHA & safety contingency plans.
- Monitor and share information regarding new regulations.
- Develop, track, and communicate leading and lagging key performance indicators.
- Develop and implement systems and processes to reduce waste, increase recycling and improve conservation.
- Evaluates systems & implements projects to meet the requirements of wastewater and air quality permits.
- Leads plant emergency response team, TPM SHE Pillar and participates in other multi-division SHE efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree in safety, engineering, environmental or related discipline
- 8years' experience leading EHS in a manufacturing facility
- 2 years of direct supervisory experience
- No immigration sponsorship available for this position
- Advanced degree in a safety, environmental or engineering discipline, or an MBA
- Experience developing and delivering training programs.
- Experience managing internal and external audits and working knowledge of EPA, OSHA, TDG/DOT, and NFPA.
- Purchasing experience and knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures.
- Project management experience, and experience with competitive bidding and contractor supervision.
- Knowledge of building design, ADA requirements, fire, life safety and all relevant codes.
- Excellent verbal & written communication, leadership and training skills.
- Green or Black Belt certification, Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.