Ecolab is seeking highly motivated applicants to join its Inside Sales Internship program for the Institutional division. During this 10 week experience you'll be trained on a breadth of Ecolab's world class products and programs, consultative selling skills, and gain exposure to several supporting teams and senior leadership through a strategic project. This will be a remote internship experience where account visits and job shadows will be determined based on your primary working location. The Institutional division is the largest business within Ecolab and addresses our customers' cleaning and sanitation needs in the foodservice and hospitality industries, as well as laundry, long-term care, education, retail, and government facilities.
What's in it For You:
- Participate in a 10-week paid internship Experience
- Learn to call on existing customers to educate on various products, services and promotions while collaborating with field sales and service associates
- Receive consultative sales training and inside sales techniques to help prepare you for success
- Spend time in a job shadow with associates in field sales and corporate accounts to better understand the full-time career path opportunities
- Opportunity to earn a full-time sales role (entry point into our Sales Leadership Development Program)
What You Will Do:
- Work with your peers as an inside sales intern to understand customers' operational challenges, consult on their cleaning and sanitization needs, and devise solutions to meet their needs
- Gain exposure to the hospitality industry including hotels, restaurants, hospitals, schools, and dining facilities through valuable interactions with our customers
- Learn how to successfully prospect to find new leads, set-up new accounts, and generate new business
- Work closely with the Inside Sales team to perfect your sales, presentation, and professional communication skills
- Currently in pursuit of a bachelor's degree with anticipated graduation date of December 2021 or May/June 2022
- A valid driver's license, acceptable Motor Vehicle Record, and access to a personal vehicle
- No Immigration Sponsorship Available
- Access to high-speed internet for remote working responsibilities
- Pursuing a Marketing, Communications, Hospitality Management, or Sales degree or certificate
- Previous sales and/or customer service experience
- Hospitality or foodservice industry experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Long-term interest in a sales or sales leadership career
- Willing to relocate for future sales, leadership, or corporate opportunities
A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $13 billion and more than 45,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
When you come to work at Ecolab, you get to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges and have the opportunity to learn and grow, shape your career, make an impact and quickly see the importance of your work.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.