NALCO Water, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Customer Delivery Specialist to join the Logistics team in Richmond, CA You'll be responsible for providing customer delivery of chemicals. As a DOT driving professional, you will safely operate a diesel, multi-geared bobtail truck/pup and/or tractor- trailer combination vehicle over congested city highways, rolling and mountainous terrain and rural roads. In addition, you will provide preventative maintenance to any type of vehicle used to deliver chemicals to customers, plants and warehouse locations.
What's in it For You:
- $2,000 Signing Bonus paid out within 30 days of hire!
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
- Unlimited Referral Bonus opportunities
- Paid hotel stay and meals while traveling
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
What You Will Do:
- Safely operate vehicles to include (not limited to) delivery trucks, tank trunks, over-the-road trucks
- Load trailers and schedule daily runs to meet customer delivery requirements
- Maintain truck and equipment in a safe and operable condition at all times by performing daily and periodic mechanical and safety inspections
- Responsible for accurate up-to-date delivery location maps, and operates in accordance with DOT regulations governing the transportation of hazardous materials in accordance with homeland security requirements and guidelines
- Maintain driver's hours of service by using Qualcomm, Turnpike and/or paper log book reporting
- Maintain regular communication with sales and supervisor in order to report field problems and/or safety hazards
- Follow Zero Defect Delivery procedures for all delivery assignments
- Work closely with Nalco's sales team to satisfy customer requirements
- Wear appropriate safety gear at all times during delivery operations
- Keep current on safety techniques and take advantage of all opportunities to improve driving and safety skills
- Recognize and avoid safety hazards in the work environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL), no restrictions with all the relevant endorsements (HazMat & Tanker required)
- 3 years commercial driving experience
- 3 years of an acceptable motor vehicle record
- Must be willing to travel M-F, home on Weekends and Holidays
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Experience operating forklifts, drum dollies, trailer hoists, chemical pumps, hoses, meters, printers and gauge
- Experience handling products in various types of packages including bulk, drums, Porta-Feeds and mini/micro-feed units
- Ability to back and parallel park bulk tankers, straight trucks, semi-trucks and trailers into narrow passages through expensive industrial equipment
- Knowledge of equipment, compliant with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations governing the transportation of hazardous materials
As a trusted partner, your customers will rely on you for their success. Nalco Water is committed to seeing you succeed and provides innovative training programs to ensure you're prepared to solve any customer problem.
The world's leading provider of water treatment and process improvements, Nalco Water partners with customers who seek innovative solutions for water and resource constraints. As an Ecolab company, we're perfectly aligned with the corporate vision to be the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technology and services, providing and protecting what is vital.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.