The IT Support Technician II under general supervision of Manager of US Operations, performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in the planning, design, maintenance and the installation of new and existing personal computer systems. Performs level 2 triage and provides onsite support for Telecom, Systems, and Networking support. Works on moderately complex applications. Confers with end users to determine types of hardware and software requirements. Selects appropriate software and modifies to suit. Maintains an adequate spare parts inventory of systems, subsystems, and component parts used in the repair work. Installs new hardware and maintains existing hardware. Trains end users in use of equipment and software. The IT Support Technician II is a full-time, non-exempt-level position.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Must be on-site. There is no provision for Work from Home for this position
2. Install and configures personal computer hardware, software applications and peripherals.
3. Install and configure various operating systems including but not limited to: Microsoft, Unix, and Linux
4. Troubleshoot Windows 7 and 10, for common software and hardware related problems
5. Troubleshoot basic network and systems connectivity issues that include routers, switches, circuits, servers, wireless and associated equipment
6. Troubleshoot basic telecommunications issues that include al Qualfon telecommunications platforms and their associated equipment and cabling
7. Monitor/document and maintains the highest level of security on all systems including virus protection, user permissions for both local, and network and Internet access on all personal computers. Report any discrepancies to management and work with other IT technical teams to remediate
8. Communicate with end users, client support personnel, peers and supervisors on all personal computer and specified client applications that require a technical resolution.
9. Responsible for packing and shipping IT equipment in a secure manner
10. Prepare progress and maintenance reports for all work performed.
11. Act as IT Liaison when coordinating with other departments in the absence of the physical presence of the Manager of US IT Operations
12. Participate in inventory control and reporting of all IT hardware and software. Maintain site inventory in It asset inventory system
13. Support Printer maintenance and ordering equipment.
14. Observe and provide evidence on desktop related security and compliance requirements
15. Adhere to company guidelines and procedures.
16. Assist as needed with other Tier II associates, take guidance from the Tier III technical lead
17. Working with IT systems, IT Networking and IT Telecommunications to assist where needed
18. Assist in remote support
19. Address user incident and service requests within the defined SLA's
20. Adhere to company guidelines and procedures.
21. All other duties as assigned
1. Minimum 2-year experience as a personal computer technician or related field
2. Career orientation towards end user support with personal computer software and hardware experience
3. Ability to work a flexible schedule to include early mornings, late evenings and weekends
4. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, OneDrive and Teams
5. Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, personal computer-based application software, printers, and general networking and telecommunications
6. Proficient with remote support tools
7. Working knowledge of personal computer hardware and peripherals
8. Ability to resolve personal computer hardware issues including but not limited to component level diagnostics, troubleshooting, repair and replacements.
9. Excellent communication skills
10. Able to represent IT to end users, being professional/personable and understanding of customer needs
11. Accuracy, completeness, dependability and ability to complete tasks when due
12. Employee must occasionally be able to lift equipment in excess of 25 lbs.
13. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and listen
14. Occasional travel up to 5%
15. The employee is required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus