Job title - PT Intern, Robotic Process Automation
Job location - Corporate
Department - Integration Projects & Data
Reports to - VP, Integration Projects
Part-time student opportunities allow undergraduate and graduate students to schedule their work around their classes. This role is available in the office area at the corporate headquarters. This program will allow students to gain experience working in a business/manufacturing environment while maintaining their full time academic commitments.
This part time work can be done throughout the student’s matriculation at college/university with the options for extended work hours during the summer months. Student are eligible for part time opportunities after the completion of their freshman year and can work until graduation. Students must be within a commutable distance of the Southwire location to participate in the Part Time Student Program.
Task and Responsibilities:
• Work with business areas and other members of the Robotic Process Automation team to develop, test, and implement robotic processes with Southwire and 3rd party systems
• Report on development progress
• Report on testing progress
• Report on process automation results
• Brainstorm new ideas for automating processes in support of all business functions
• Must be a rising Sophomore, Junior, or Senior
• Ability to work at least 20 hours per week
• Studying towards a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• At least a 2.5 GPA
• Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
• Energetic and passionate with a flexible spirit
• Ability to proactively identify problems and propose effective solutions
• Ability to work and complete projects both independently and in a team setting
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.