TITLE: Student Worker, Bearcats Recovery Community, Student Wellness Center
TAG LINE: Join the Student Wellness Center!
The Student Worker of the Bearcats Recovery Community (BRC) will support the Student Wellness Center in developing and growing efforts related to students in recovery at the University of Cincinnati. The BRC is a community for students who are in recovery from substance use disorders. The Student Worker will support this initiative through creating a campus-based infrastructure to empower recovering students by providing support, preventing relapse, and promoting academic excellence. The BRC will offer peer-led support meetings, substance free social events, and educational events. The BRC is a supportive environment within the campus culture designed to reinforce the decision to pursue a substance-free lifestyle and provide academic excellence alongside recovery support to ensure that students do not have to sacrifice one for the other.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of substance-free programming for students in recovery and sober students at the University of Cincinnati
- Assist with event set-up and take down during business, evening, and weekend hours as needed
- Attend staff meetings, one on one check ins with supervisor, and staff retreats
- Support the BRC strategic plans, goals, and vision
- Support all recovery programming and recovery meetings for BRC
- Mentor and interact with students in recovery
- Respond to student inquiries
- Support creation and dissemination of marketing and other publication materials for program including social media
- Serve as an on-campus resource for students in recovery
- Assist in the assessment and evaluation of programs and resources utilized by students
- Assist in the development of program documents such as manuals, expectations, contracts, policies, and annual procedures
- Assist in the marketing of available programs and resources for students in recovery to internal and external stakeholders.
- Other relevant duties as assigned
This position will not provide clinical services for students in recovery. Rather, the Student Worker will focus on nurturing a community for students in recovery from substances, in collaboration with the Student Wellness Center.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS CONSIDERED:
LOCATION: Main Campus - Student Wellness Center, Steger Student Life Center
SALARY: Hourly Rate - To Be Determined
APPLICATION PROCESS: To be considered for this position, please complete an online application and submit a resume and cover letter. You will be notified by the department if you are selected for an interview.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.