Internal applicants must apply internally via SuccessFactors >
- Graduate Student Worker, Student Wellness Center
- Graduate Student Worker Opportunity - Join the Student Wellness Center!
- The Graduate Student Worker for the University of Cincinnati Student Wellness Center assists with developing, implementing, and coordinating educational programs on a number of health topics, including alcohol and other drugs, gender-based violence, sexual health, financial wellness, mental wellness, and more. The appointment for this position will be 1 year starting Summer Semester 2020.
- Develop and implement programs and events on health and wellness topics, including alcohol and other drugs, gender-based violence, sexual health, financial wellness, mental wellness, and more
- Develop and facilitate presentations on a variety of health topics
- Evaluate programs and events
- Input and analyze assessment data
- Facilitate alcohol and drug sanction classes
- Assist with supervising undergraduate peer educators
- Assist with program set-up and take down during business, evening, and weekend hours as needed
- Attend staff meetings, one-on-one check-ins with supervisor, and staff retreats
- May assist with outreach events and programs as needed
- Other duties to be assigned by SWC Staff as needed, in addition to assisting with general office tasks
- To be considered for this position you must meet the following requirements
- Is at least 16 years of age
- Enrolled at a post-secondary institution or a secondary school at least part-time (one (1) or more credit hours if at a post-secondary institution), except for summer term, or will be a registered student during the next academic term
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS CONSIDERED:
- Must have excellent research, writing, public speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office and various social media platforms
- Must be able to work well both independently and with a team
- Must be very organized
- Must value diversity and inclusion
- Experience with health and wellness education and prevention
- Experience developing and implementing presentations
- Experience organizing and coordinating campus events
Flexible scheduling - need to be available during the day with occasional week nights and weekends
Main Campus - Student Wellness Center, 675 Steger Student Life Center
Hourly Rate - $12.00 / hour
To be considered for this position, please complete an online application and submit a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter needs to explain your qualifications, relevant experience, and interest in the position. In addition, please provide three professional references. You will be notified by the Student Wellness Center if you are selected for an interview.
- Interviews for this position will include a presentation component
- Please note that the appointment for this position will begin Summer Semester 2020v
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS