- Student Intern, Student Wellness Center
- Summer 2020 Internship Opportunity - Join the Student Wellness Center!
- The Student Wellness Center 2020 Summer Intern will gain practical experience working in a college wellness center with opportunities to enhance their understanding of health promotion and expand their program planning, public speaking, administrative, and interpersonal communication skills.
Under supervision, the intern will...
- Provide administrative office support to the Student Wellness Center. These duties include, but are not limited to, greeting visitors to the office, answering phone calls, making copies, and restocking supplies and materials
- Assist in the management and delivery of outreach and programming during UC orientation. This includes helping with the late night event "Bearcats Trivia Night" that educates incoming students about alcohol, personal safety, gender-based violence, and transitioning to college
- Develop posts for the Student Wellness Center's social media accounts
- Carry out research analysis and data collection, as needed
- Review and update content of presentations and online resources
- Deliver presentations on health and wellness topics to campus partners when needed
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of the Student Wellness Center programs and events
- Research grant/funding opportunities
- Create their own project that benefits the Student Wellness Center and/or overall University of Cincinnati student body
To be considered for this position you must meet the following requirements:
- Is at least 16 years of age
- Enrolled at a post-secondary institution or a secondary school at least part-time (one (1) or more credit hours if at a post-secondary institution), except for summer term, or will be a registered student during the next academic term
- Must have a special interest in the health promotion and education field
- Must be available to work some nights and weekends
- Must value diversity and inclusion
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS CONSIDERED:
- This opportunity is open to students in all academic majors or programs
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-starting, organized, and possess strong attention to detail
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Possess strong problem-solving, multitasking, and time management skills
- Flexible scheduling - need to be available during the day with occasional week nights and weekends
- Main Campus - Student Wellness Center, 675 Steger Student Life Center
- To be considered for this position, please complete an online application and submit a resume and cover letter.
- Your cover letter needs to explain your qualifications, relevant experience, and interest in the position.
- In addition, please provide three professional references.
- You will be notified by the Student Wellness Center if you are selected for an interview
- Interviews for this position will include a presentation component
- Please note that the appointment for this position will begin Summer Semester 2020
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Research