Student Job Opportunity - Student Wellness Center!
The Student Wellness Center is looking for a diverse group of undergraduate students to join the Student Wellness Center team as Peer Educators for the 2020-2021 school year. Peer Educators assist with programming and outreach across campus to educate students about relevant issues related to health and wellness that impact our campus community. These topics include, but are not limited to, General Wellness, Sexual Health, Alcohol Awareness, Financial Wellness, Nutrition & Fitness, Stress Management, Mental Wellness, and Sexual Violence Prevention.
* Develop, present, and evaluate presentations for the University community
* Plan and evaluate events for the University community that cover a variety of health and wellness topics
* Assist in maintaining the Student Wellness Center social media platforms
* Conceptualize, design, and post marketing material for departmental programs
* Contribute to office publications
* Attend all meetings and training sessions unless obtaining previous approval
* Assist professional staff with daily office duties
Utilize effective listening skills when working with students
* Effectively respond to peers, encouraging them to take action steps for change
* Apply motivational interviewing techniques when working with students
* Demonstrate effective bystander intervention skills
* Effectively refer students to campus resources related to health and wellness needs
* Contribute to strategic planning and team development of the peer educator group
* Serve as a role model to their peers
To be considered for this position you must meet the following requirements:
* Is at least 16 years of age
* Enrolled at a post-secondary institution or a secondary school at least part-time (one (1) or more credit hours if at a post-secondary institution), except for summer term, or will be a registered student during the next academic term
* Is an undergraduate student at the University of Cincinnati
* Dedicate at least five (5) hours per week to being a Peer Educator
* Must be able to occasionally work nights and weekends
* Every new Peer educator is expected to attend Certified Peer Educator (CPE) training
* Every Peer Educator is expected to attend mandatory retreat dates throughout the year, before Fall Semester and before Spring Semester
* Be in good academic and conduct standing as defined by University policy
* Commit to serving in the Peer Education role for at least one academic year Students can serve longer if they are able and receive approval from the supervisor.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS CONSIDERED
This opportunity is open to students in all academic majors
* Must have a special interest in some aspect of the Health and Wellness field
* Need excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and experience with the Microsoft Suite
* Should be self-starting, organized, and possess strong attention to detail
* Ability to function as part of a team, and possess strong problem-solving, multitasking, and time management skills
Flexible scheduling - need to be available during the day with occasional work nights and weekends.
Main Campus - Student Wellness Center, Steger Student Life Center 675.
Dedicate at least five (5) hours per week to being a Peer Educator
* Ohio Minimum Wage with potential for a raise after a year in the position
* The selected candidates will begin work Fall Semester 2020
To be considered for this position, please complete an online application and submit a resume and cover letter. You will be notified by the department if you are selected for an interview.
Interviews for this position will include a presentation component.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.