Campus Services Marketing Department is seeking to hire Co-Op Student(s). This posting will collect applications on a continuous basis and serve as a pool to hire as needed for the following:
Under the supervision of Marketing Staff, provide marketing support for Campus Services Marketing Department. The department supports the efforts of Housing, Food Services, Campus Recreation, UC Bookstores, the Bearcat Card, Parking, and other business units providing services to the campus community.
Campus Services Marketing provides an excellent learning environment for marketing students. Under the supervision of a Marketing Staff, the marketing co-op student is considered to be an integral part of the marketing staff, and is provided with tasks that are both challenging and educationally stimulating. Under marketing staff guidance, the student will be assigned ongoing responsibilities including project management. writing, editing, proofing, event planning and social media, among others.
Collaborate with team to develop print, web-based and mobile communications with internal/external partners. Responsibilities may include:
- Learn all processes, procedures and assist in project analysis.
- Create flow charts and spreadsheets in support of staff projects.
- Provide support for project implementation.
- Create survey and focus group questions.
- Assist team in identifying process improvement.
- Research information including preliminary writing/drafts.
- Write newsletter articles, craft messages and refine for quality.
- Provide proofing and/or editing.
- Create surveys, retrieve and organize results.
- Create email messages for Constant Contact.
- Digital Communications: Project Development and Execution.
- Strategize digital communications from the voice of the customer (target audience)
- Ability to learn and execute social media platforms.
- Collaborate with students, managers and design students to maintain digital calendar for all business units, including content, target audience, messaging, and call to action.
- Attend live events to take and post photos.
- Maintain monthly analytics for platforms and web pages.
- Develop social "best practices" and provide recommendations to improve engagement.
- Stay abreast of social trends, social mediums, etc.
- Website: Project Execution
- Ability to learn and execute UC's content management system to edit existing websites, and aid in development of new sites or refreshes.
- Convert content into compelling website messaging.
- Source text and photos.
- Upload photos, graphics and documents to digital asset manager.
- Optimize content for eAccessibility compliance.
- Periodically and/or seasonally update all sites to create compelling messaging and graphic/ visual designs.
- Quarterly audits of all sites.
- Web reporting across all business units, as well as general marketing sites (MainStreet, flagship events, etc.)
- Web optimization to improve rankings, traffic, navigation, etc.
- Monthly tracking, including recommendations to improve navigation, content, etc.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills required
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent follow up skills.
- Organized able to handle multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills desired; experience with Adobe Creative Suite and video editing a plus.
- Experience with social media campaigns.
- Experience with Google and social media analytics a plus.
Educational Requirements/Qualifications: Must be at least a third-year student in Marketing at the College of Business, Communication major in the College of Arts and Sciences, or Electronic Media major in the College Conservatory of Music. Selected candidate may be invited to apply to return part-time during academic semesters. Must have one or more internships or positions in marketing or related field for at least three months (e.g., internship where primary responsibilities included creating marketing campaigns, managing projects, or content creation; long-term marketing officer for a student organization; position with extensive social media management).
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please provide a cover letter that describes at least one personal experience with Campus Services products, services or events.
Employer Expectations for Co-ops on the Job: Demonstrates acceptance of responsibility; demonstrates flexibility in acceptance of assignments and schedules; maintains professional behavior and appearance; exhibits dependability.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM [[mfield1]]