Wisconsin Public Service a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group is currently recruiting for Summer Students at our Marinette, WI location. These are full-time summer positions beginning in May or June.
Student Laborers perform duties (i.e. Coal & Yard, Plant Lab Duties, Indoor Cleaning & Maintenance, Outdoor Maintenance, Service Line & Underground Electrical Inspections, Clerical/Customer Service, etc.) as assigned by the department. Student laborers work may be performed in the power plants, hydro plants, service center, warehouse, and other field locations.
Student Laborer duties may include (based on location & business need):
- Plant Lab Duties (e.g. collect coal & fly ash samples, grind & test coal, clean Waste Water Facility, perform data entry, etc.)
- Indoor Cleaning & Maintenance (e.g. dusting, sweeping, painting, equipment/facility cleaning & maintenance, unloading & loading warehouse products, garbage removal, general cleaning, etc.)
- Outdoor Maintenance (e.g. yard maintenance/planting, lawn mowing, painting, snow removal, wash/dry vehicles, equipment, & facilities, basic landscaping, window washing, etc.)
- Service Line & Underground Electric Inspections (e.g. Inspecting the electric line and equipment from pole to the meter base, Inspect Pad-mounted URD equipment, correct poor paint condition, replace warning stickers/signs, pole tags, Down Guy wire protectors, etc.)
- Clerical/Customer Service (e.g. filing, copying, shredding, data entry, basic computer support, sending parcels, delivering mail/packages, answer phones, assist department on projects, etc.)
- All other laborer duties as assigned (e.g. running equipment to field locations, bobcat/forklift functions, flagging, errands, spray herbicides, etc.)
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School diploma, GED, or HSED.
- Enrolled as a part-time/full-time student pursuing a technical, associate, bachelor, or master degree.
- A valid driver's license.
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.