Schedule Weekly Hours:40
1.0 FTE (80 hours every two weeks)
Shift: 9 hour Days, between the hours of 7:00am - 6:00pm
One day off every two weeks with one day of shortened hours during a two week schedule
Strong internal candidates will be considered for this position.
The Mohs Microtechnology Specialist
1) assists the Mohs surgeon in preparing the patients for and performing the Mohs procedure, 2) collects, prepares and stains specimen sections for microscopic examination by the Mohs surgeon,
3) monitors and cares for the patient during and after the procedure,
4) documents patient information, data collection, quality control,
5) orders supplies for and performs routine maintenance and checks of Mohs Lab equipment, 6) maintains the Mohs Lab in proper working order.
1. Uses laboratory information system to document receipt and to assign identification numbers for tissue and fluid specimens received in the section.
2. Determines most appropriate technique for safe and high quality processing for each type of tissue specimen.
3. Performs paraffin embedding and ensures proper orientation of specimens.
4. Cuts frozen sections at various thicknesses.
5. Performs and troubleshoots routine Hematoxylin and Eosin (H&E) staining and cover slipping using automated equipment.
6. Cuts and stains frozen sections of tissue to provide immediate diagnostic information to physicians.
7. Maintains all histology equipment.
8. Documents workload and quality control efforts within the section.
9. Provides excellent customer service and works collaboratively with MA colleague to meet patient care and department needs.
10. Maintains current training in state of the art practice in Mohs surgery and required GundersenHealth Systemtraining.
11. Assists with surgical procedures in the operative suite.
12. Follows safety and regulatory guidelines.
13. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency + a graduate of a Medical Assistant Program or Practical Nursing Program
License and Certifications:
Current certification through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or the National Healthcareer Association as a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) or National Center for Competency Testing as a National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) or American Medical Technologists as a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensed to practice in the state of Wisconsin
Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR certification; Heart Saver, Rescue and Military training network CPR; or the American Red Cross CPR certification (CPR) except Citizen and Animal classes
Age Specific Population Served:
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Static Standing Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Walking/Standing Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Stooping/Bending Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Squatting Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Pounds of force 25-50
Repetitive Actions - Grip Forces Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Balance - Right Leg Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Balance - Left Leg Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Lifting - Other Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Carrying - Short Carry Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer