Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you're looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
- Position would work 9 to 10 hour days. Full-time
The Certified Hemodialysis Technician performs vascular access on a daily basis under the direct supervision of an RN. The technician prepares and programs the dialysis machine, collects and documents patient treatment data, initiates and discontinues dialysis treatments, and obtains lab specimens.
- Performs vascular access under supervision of RN.
- Follows RN direction for patient target loss.
- Monitors and reports changes in vital signs to RN.
- Performs programming of heparin dose as directed.
- Confers with RN/LPN related to patient needs.
- Prepares renal catheters under aseptic technique and completes dressing changes.
- Continuously observes patient during dialysis.
- Collects patient data and enters it into the renal documentation system.
- Transports patients to and from the dialysis station.
- Obtains and records pre- and post dialysis weights.
- Practices meticulous infection control precautions including good hand washing, the use of PPE and proper use and disposal of sharps.
- Sets up, takes down and cleans the dialysis machine. Selects and sets up the correct dialyzer.
- Sets up simple oxygen equipment under the direction of the RN.
- Travels to Renal Satellite units to cover, as needed.
- Checks and maintains the water system pre-treatment and as needed. Performs routine system sanitization procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned/delegated.
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency
Post High School education in a specialized field: Graduate of Renal Dialysis Technician programWork Experience:
6 months patient care related experience. This may include clinical experience in a dialysis technician training program.
6 months Experience working as a Dialysis Technician.
License and Certifications:
Wisconsin Registered Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT) within 18 months of hire date
Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR certification; Heart Saver, Rescue and Military training network CPR; or the American Red Cross CPR certification (CPR) except Citizen and Animal classes
Age Specific Population Served:
- Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
- Adult (18 - 64 years)
- Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
- Exposed to infectious diseases.
- Subject to hazards.Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
- Stooping/Bending Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
- Lifting - Floor to Waist Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
- Lifting - Waist to Overhead Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
- Lifting - Other Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer