The Summer Internship Program offers students an opportunity to spend their summer learning about how McDermott serves our clients and the energy industry globally. Offering positions in multiple engineering disciplines, a summer internship at McDermott will allow for students to learn, develop, network with and work alongside McDermott's most valuable assets, our people.
During this 12-week program, students will be working on a project that supports real-world initiatives that are aligned with McDermott's goals and visions. Additionally, we strive to develop and improve soft-skills in our future leaders, our summer interns, they will have the opportunity to participate in professional development activities frequently throughout the program duration.
Applicants pursuing a civil/structural engineering degree will be considered for this position.
- Develop an awareness of the services McDermott offers to its customers
- Work alongside their internship supervisor to support the functional team they are assigned to
- Develop and engage in relationships with key stakeholders of the organization
- Participate in several professional development workshops arranged and facilitated internally
- Participate in a site tour/field trip
- Deliver strategic presentations to senior leadership
- Work alongside fellow Interns to develop and present real-world solutions to organizational challenges
- Applies knowledge, skills and techniques to aid in problem solving and completion of assigned tasks
- Help assemble calculation packages
- Help track and status schedule activities
- Help fill out, track, and status Potential Change Notices
- Help gather, and update information for weight report
- Currently enrolled in a four-year program at an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in civil/structural engineering
- Those available to work in the city/state/country in which the position will be located, without assistance
- Those who will be available during the entire internship timeframe outlined - late May to early August
- 3.2 GPA or above
- Prior co-op or internship experience
- Applicants that do not require work sponsorship now or in the future
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
McDermott is a premier, fully integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions-from the wellhead to the storage tank-to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.