The Oshkosh Fire & Emergency segment is a single-source designer and manufacturer of fire apparatus, homeland security vehicles, mobile command, communications vehicles, and airport rescue firefighting vehicles. Our brands are known globally for quality, safety, and innovation.
Oshkosh Fire & Emergency is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Responsible for all detailed processes in connection with manufacturing, routings, time studies. Review new releases for design and manufacturing. Assist with recommendations for new equipment and tooling. Provide shop support to aid in improving the coordination and collaboration between departments and teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage various projects in Lean, Six Sigma, and Quality
2. Lead, supervise and mentor individuals and teams in projects. Utilize Lean/Six Sigma principles and methodologies in making process improvements
3. Participate in safety meetings; investigate root cause & corrective actions for safety incidents
4. Incorporate ergonomics into safety, productivity and performance
5. Write assembly work processes and man assignment procedures
6. Determine appropriate assembly fixturing
7. Review and select required special tooling and equipment
8. Plan, schedule and prioritize to meet established deadlines
9. Determine and improve processes to meet production levels
10. Collaborate with production and other teams by attending scheduled meetings to ensure timely improvements on processes
11. Assist with recommendations for new equipment and tooling