Work location will be:425 Better WayAppletonWisconsinPOSITION SUMMARYWisconsin's fifth largest privately held company is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, high performing professional to lead corporate communication & public relations as our company continues to transform and expand our brand voice in the communities we serve. This individual will craft high quality internal and external communications designed to support our corporate narratives and will develop creative, proactive PR strategies and content to support key business objectives and initiatives. The ability to simultaneously manage numerous projects is imperative to success, and our communication leader must be highly collaborative in their approach; working cross-functionally across the organization. This individual must be a passionate storyteller who brings communication excellence, strong business acumen, and a creative flair to drive impactful engagement and results.
- Supports U.S. Venture and its brands and mission through exceptional marketing communications.
- Help find, secure, and manage speaking opportunities for our leadership team
- Represent the U.S. Venture brand while acting as a company spokesperson and serves as public affairs point-person for government affairs.
- Creates internal and external messaging, materials, and communication plans for specific announcements and for use in an ongoing basis.
- Provides support in the execution of divisional communications/PR plans as needed.
- Assists CEO with critical internal communications, including written announcements, letters, videos, etc.
- Implements effective storytelling strategies and content creation for U.S. Venture's website as a way to build website traffic and response, especially regarding recruitment and social outreach.
- Works with the integrated and divisional marketing teams to implement proactive media strategies, optimize brand websites to fulfill business goals, leverage PR and enhance brand image.
- Supports and executes as needed advanced social media strategies for corporate social media channels to build brand awareness.
- Proactively identifies media opportunities and creates stories to provide positive public relations for U.S. Venture.
- Assists Community Engagement team in successful communications of philanthropic efforts.
- Develops and manages relationships with external creative and production suppliers. Pursues cost efficiencies through centralized sourcing.
- Oversees U.S. Venture's Crisis Communications Plan and participates, along with other internal stakeholders, in external emergency preparatory exercises.
- Maintain current understanding and proper application of corporate brand standards.
- Provide writing samples (internal communications, press releases, speaking on behalf of the company, etc.) with your application
- 5+ years written communication and public relations experience. Degree preferred.
- Proven track record in developing and leading communications programs, with the results to show for it.
- Superior writing, editing, storytelling, and interpersonal communication skills for both internal and external audiences.
- Experience in managing public relations, public affairs, and holds strong ties to the media community.
- Experience in developing and executing proactive communication strategies.
- Brings a creative flair with a keen eye for detail and leveraging data to tell U.S. Venture's story.
- Ability to work well within a team, willing to roll up roll up your sleeves, and put our company mission first.
- Experience managing and working with outside design and creative agencies.
- Knowledge and experience in social media and emerging technologies.
- Proficient in Word, Power Point, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to manage multiple creative projects and budgets and meet deadlines.
U.S. Venture, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristic. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call Human Resources at .
AA/EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability