This is a mid-level actuarial position with some independence to perform analysis and develop solutions to actuarial issues with limited direction. The primary purpose is to assist actuaries in the analysis of product performance. The incumbent may undertake independent analysis with direction. This position works mainly with other actuaries under limited direction, but includes some interaction with other functional areas under significant direction.
- Conducts independent analysis and draws conclusions within LOB or actuarial function with analysis and results reviewed by actuarial supervisor.
- Recognizes potential issues and performs basic research to determine estimated impact.
- Identifies and proposes alternative analytic approaches.
- Develops an understanding of how tasks performed comprise a complete project.
- Writes basic actuarial reports.
- Activity pursue actuarial accreditation. Maintains good standing in the actuarial student program
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, statistics, mathematics or a related field or equivalent professional related work experience
- Two-plus years' work experience required. Experience in an analytical or insurance setting with an emphasis on a specific line of business or actuarial function (e.g. pricing or valuation) is preferred.
- Successful completion of four to five exams or knowledge consistent with and the ability to apply exam material.
- Ability to maintain and understand complex models and create new models with supervision.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences in an informal setting.
- Ability to write basic actuarial reports.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, produce accurate results and develop self-validation skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Physical Job Analysis:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CUNA Mutual Group's insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.
CUNA Mutual Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.