Under the direction of the Managing Director of Alternative Investments, supports the due diligence, underwriting analysis and on-going monitoring of alternative investment opportunities and sponsors, both pipeline as well as actual portfolio holdings. The position is responsible for independently conducting investment/securities/economic related research, analysis, and strategy processes for assigned area. Participates in the development of their respective area's investment policies and programs that achieve the objectives of the organization and its clients.
- Independently, as well as collaboratively, conducts research and analysis necessary to understand and evaluate the relative attractiveness of relevant factors for alternative investment strategies in income-oriented and multiple-oriented limited partnerships.
- Makes specific recommendations for transactions in assigned areas inclusive of alternatives and co-investments.
- Is responsible for fully and independently assessing and structuring risk on more complex transactions, as well as generating enhanced returns for the increased risk.
- Participates in the development and implementation of investment strategies and tactics within the function.
- Maintains and fosters effective relationships with internal management, legal and finance as well as cultivates relationships with outside fund sponsors, primary and secondary placement firms, other market sources and other potential participating third party investors.
- Is capable of soliciting and marketing our alternatives track record and capabilities to fund managers, placement agents, and potential outside third-party investors.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Graduate Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or other relevant field.
- Four to seven years of progressively responsible buy-side experience in alternative assets (limited partnership investing) preferred.
- Relevant designation is preferred (i.e. CFA, CAIA or similar).
- Proven track record of experience in analyzing alternative investments and/or private placements.
- Achievement orientation demonstrated by solid judgment, high performance and achievement of target results.
- Ability and willingness to travel 25% or more
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with skills in negotiating and influencing.
- Ideal candidate will be a team player, self-motivated, possess good people skills and be comfortable with the investment strategy and approach. Able to build effective relationships at all levels with co-workers, general partners, deal sources and internal/external clients.
- Ability to clearly communicate in a range of methods (written, verbal, formal presentation).
- Facility with investment management systems (e.g., Bloomberg, CRM, l...) as well as MS Office suite (or similar).
CUNA Mutual Group's insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.
CUNA Mutual Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.