The individual will be responsible for instruction in the Associate Degree Nursing Program including theoretical and clinical instruction during the day and/or evening and weekend hours. Travel to clinical sites within the NTC district is expected. NTC is located in Wausau, Wisconsin, and has 5 regional campuses located in Antigo, Medford, Phillips, Spencer and Wittenberg. Part of your position may be the evaluation of existing modes of instruction, identifying alternative modes of delivery and barrier-free learning. This position works 40 weeks out of 52 weeks per year.
Northcentral Technical College (NTC) is a customer-focused, accessible provider of innovative life-long learning that builds a globally competitive workforce. The College seeks team oriented, student focused individuals who have a deep value of education to facilitate learning. NTC staff serves in alignment with the College's mission, vision, core values, and operating principles, and Board of Trustee's Executive Limitations, Productivity and Quality Measures, and Community Benefits Statements.
As a member of a learning team, faculty report to a designated dean and participate in program, division, interdivision and college-wide team activities. Faculty provide instruction, expertise and leadership within their program and content area. Faculty are expected to remain current in their area of expertise and in the field of education through professional growth and continuous learning activities.
Faculty contribute to the College community as exemplified by committee involvement, participation in leadership activities, academic advisement of students, and sponsorship of student activities. Faculty members are also encouraged to be involved in the NTC District through various service opportunities in community organizations or through other community activities.Expertise, Attitude and Abilities: Expertise:
An educational philosophy which places the primary emphasis on student learning in the design, delivery, and evaluation of learning. Expertise in content areas being taught. A solid understanding of how the education and business worlds interface. Commitment to the use of new learning technologies. Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation skills.Attitude:
An uncompromising commitment to learning through the College's mission, vision and values. A positive and proactive approach. Flexibility, a willingness to change. Open-mindedness, fairness, the ability to see multiple perspectives. A willingness to take risks. A willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth. Strong support for diversity.Ability:
Success and commitment as a team member, fostering consensus and collaboration in and out of the classroom. The ability to manage projects, set and achieve specific objectives and measure results. Proficiency in use of technology, computers and software
Duties & Responsibilities
NTC Faculty will serve their learners and the College in the following ways:
- Facilitate learning through classroom activities, distance learning experiences, workforce development, out-of-classroom activities and the mentoring of students and peers.
- Support and maintain collaborative relationships with business & industry, community based organizations and K-16 partners.
- Assess and evaluate student performance in alignment with the College assessment plan in a timely manner.
- Conduct assigned classes for the scheduled length of time.
- Submit final grades in a timely manner.
- Post and maintain office hours.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and achievement for up to one semester after the semester end unless requested for a longer period of time.
- Furnish written evaluations as requested by students.
- Coordinate instructional support services to meet individual student accommodation and modification needs.
- Coordinate instructional material and timely distribution of such to regional campuses.
- Assist in student academic advising.
- Utilize and engage in professional day activities and team time as designated.
- Maintain course outcome summaries, learning plans, Performance Assessment Tasks (PATs), syllabi, and online BlackBoard template in the approved District format and time parameter.
- Actively select and use appropriate learning materials and resources including textbooks, library resources, equipment and supplies to enhance learning.
- Assist in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating a new or modified course/certificate/program. Identify areas in need of improvement. Stay current and focused on learner needs.
- Collaborate with the program team in identifying, developing, implementing and evaluating strategic goals and objectives (Team Action Plans, Quality Review Process).
- Assist in identifying, planning, and delivering continuing education and Business and Industry workshops and seminars.
- Participate in the budgeting and procurement process.
- Keep professionally up-to-date in area of content expertise and in the teaching profession.
- Participate in institutional, advisory and program team and committee meetings.
- Actively support diverse learners.
- Attend the College's in-service sessions, and commencements and other activities as directed.
- Assist in the orientation of new full-time, part-time, adjunct faculty and para professional/technical employees within their content areas.
- Maintain professional certifications, licensures, and requirements.
- Assist in student recruitment and Student Services activities.
- Attend College Open Houses (on-campus and off-campus, set-up and take down) to assist with student recruitment.
- Assist with transcripted credit and other articulation/transfer agreements.
- Assist with coordination of grant development and management as directed.
- Maintains documentation as required by accreditation, program, or clinical sites.
- Master's degree in Nursing and a Registered Nurse (RN) license in the State of Wisconsin or the ability to obtain a Wisconsin license prior to employment. Must have a valid Wisconsin driver's license and ability to meet NTC's insurance carrier standards.
- Qualified at time of, and throughout, employment as an instructor by the Wisconsin Technical College System.Must also meet Higher Learning Commission requirements, accreditation standards, and/or licensing standards where applicable.
- Experience in teaching and working with diverse populations preferred.
- Occupational instructors must have a minimum of two years (4,000 hours) full-time or equivalent demonstrated relevant occupational experience, one of which must be within the last five years.
- May waive the occupational experience of one year within the last five years if the candidate has two years post-secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within the last five years.
The duties and responsibilities listed are intended to describe the essential functions of persons assigned to this position. They may also require some flexibility and interpretation to fit the needs of other areas of the College such as the Alternative High School. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
6 to 8 hours: Performing repetitive movements, grasping and working indoors
4 to 5 hours: Standing and walking
1 to 3 hours: Balancing, bending, driving, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching, sitting, twisting and working in temperature extremes
Less than 1 hour: Climbing, crawling, working at heights and working outdoors
Lifting and Carrying:
Less than 10 pounds: 10-15 repetition(s) per hour
10 to 20 pounds: 10-15 repetition(s) per hour
20-50 pounds: 1-10 repetition(s) per hour
50-100 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
More than 100 pounds with help: Less than 1 repetition per hour
Additional Physical Requirements:
Vision: Adequate with aid to read instructions, labels, documents, computer screens, and differentiate between colors.
Hearing: Adequate with aid to understand oral requests, telephone conversation, and PA systems.
Required Employee Program Safety Training:
Bloodborne Pathogen, emergency action plan, emergency eye wash, emergency procedures, ergonomics (office/workplace), hazardous waste, medical waste and slips, trips & falls.