Are you looking to make a real difference?
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Equipment Technician I to work out of our Madison, WI facility.
In this position you under relatively close supervision, repair, calibrate, and maintain all types of basic biomedical equipment, devices, instruments, and systems. Inspect, install, and provide preventive maintenance of general biomedical equipment. .
High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree in Electronics or Biomedical Equipment Technology is preferred. Six months experience in electronic, mechanical or electro-mechanical repair or equivalent combination of education and experience. Maintenance skills in electronics, mechanical or electromechanical device repair preferred. Ability to read color codes on wiring and electrical components. Ability to comprehend and follow both written and oral instructions. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, biomedical and medical staff, and the general public. A basic knowledge of e-mail, database management, spreadsheet, and word processor applications. Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays if necessary. Ability to keep neat and accurate records. Must be willing to be multi-task trained. A valid Driver's license with a good driving record. Ability to take support calls.
1. Perform a variety of routine tasks associated with the installation, service and calibration of a diverse range of biomedical equipment and instrumentation.
2. Assist in the support of a systematic preventive maintenance program for biomedical equipment and instrumentation which may include entry into Computerized Maintenance Management System.
3. Install, qualify, maintain service, modify, troubleshoot, safety test, and calibrate a variety of biomedical equipment and instrumentation by interpreting engineering and vendor information, schematic diagrams and graphic illustrations.
4. Diagnose and correct system or equipment malfunctions by repairing or replacing parts to ensure that biomedical equipment and internal circuitry meets specified requirements.
5. Provide technical assistance and instruction to personnel in the operation and maintenance of equipment.
6. Meets departmental performance indicator standards on a consistent basis.
7. Maintains accurate and timely documentation.
Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Available to work overtime, other shifts, early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends.
Requires standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. Lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds.
Pay - starting around $19.00 an hour
Schedule - Monday through Friday 8-430 with some nights and weekends.
The American Red Cross offers full-time benefits packages inclusive of health-care plan options, 401K and PTO.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights