At Ascension Living, our vision is to provide high-quality, compassionate, personalized care with dignity, especially to those in our communities who are most in need. This guiding vision is the cornerstone of who we are as a company: national, nonprofit and senior-focused. This position will be located at Alexian Village of Milwaukee.
Oversees kitchen operation while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment for the staff. Prepares or directs preparation of meals in accordance with corporate programs and guidelines.
- Assists in the planning of regular and modified menus according to established guidelines.
- Prepares or directs preparation of all food by the kitchen staff. Follows standardized recipes, portioning and presentation standards. Completes and utilizes daily production worksheets and waste log sheets. Tastes completed meals to ensure quality.
- Conducts daily meetings with production team members.
- Trains kitchen staff in food preparation, safe handling, operation of equipment, food safety and sanitation based on regulatory standards.
- Establishes and maintains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas. Ensures that kitchen staff follows and completes schedules as assigned.
- Assists with maintaining inventory of food and non-food supplies to stay within established guidelines while assuring that necessary product is available when needed.
- Plans and prepares menus for special events as may be requested.
- Makes all decisions regarding utilization of leftover food products staying within guidelines for such products.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department and third-party audits.
- Interfaces with representatives of regulatory agencies regarding food safety and sanitation in the kitchen.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment.
- Complies with regulatory agencies, including federal, state, and JCAHO as evidenced by successful completion of surveys with no deficiencies.
- Follows facility and department infection control policies and procedures.
- Adheres to facility confidentiality, HIPAA and patient rights policies.
- Ensures staff assists in achieving stated customer satisfaction goals.
- Participates in facility-wide Performance Improvement Program and on Performance Improvement teams to improve processes and resident care.
- Follows facility, department, safety policies and procedures to include occurrence reporting.
- Wears name tag identification and is aware of role in minimizing security incidents.
- Follows the facility’s protocols for Hazardous Materials and Waste Program.
- Adheres to Emergency Preparedness Program and participates in disaster drills as appropriate.
- Adheres to Life Safety Program and participates in fire drills as appropriate.
- Responds to utility failures per Department policy and adheres to Lock-out/Tag-out policies as appropriate.
- Communicates effectively with all team members, patients and families through conferences, individual consultation and committee participation. This includes telephone, written, and electronic communication.
- Participates and attends departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate.
- Participates in meetings where department goals are established and implements assigned action plan to achieve expected outcomes.
- Reads and complies with all policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines.
- Projects and practices consistent ownership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coaches and provides career development to staff.
- Coordinates with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
- Establishes employee goals and conduct employee performance reviews.
- Responsible for staff scheduling to include: work assignments, employee training, time off, breaks and overtime assignments.
- Schedules and conducts department meetings.
- Supervises staff in accordance with Ascension Living policies and procedures.
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts from a recognized Culinary school (i.e. Culinary Institute of America, Johnson and Wales) or Associates Degree in Hospitality Management.
- ServSafe certified within one (1) year of date of hire.