Our client, who is a global leader in cash technology solutions for the financial, retail, cash center and gaming industries, has an immediate opening for a Material Specialist to join their growing team. The position is a contract-to-hire opportunity with this premier employer. Upon perm conversion, you will be eligible for the organization’s exceptional benefit package.
The Material Specialist is responsible for maintaining stock in the warehouse and technician’s inventory, operating within cost restraints and supplier’s lead time. Deals with incoming parts and supplies orders from field, partners and customers. Supports functions related to inventory accuracy. Procures parts as required.
- Process incoming parts and supply orders for field, partners and customers, purchasing and exchange process; Review, schedule and revise shipment plans to ensure efficient distribution of products to satisfy customer requirements.
- Verifies system perpetual inventory reports against physical count of inventory; Research issues and correct
- Issue orders to meet customer requirements, define safety stock levels, internal sub-component build and any rework requirements; Release management for field, partner and customer orders; Emergency sourcing with established vendors
- Confer with department managers or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes
- Update min/max levels for warehouse and field; Generates PO to fulfil stocking requirements
- Follow up on Defective Material Reports (bad out of box or early life failures) through to closure
- Manage partner forecast for Glory affiliates in LATAM,
- Liaison regularly with suppliers to maintain vendor promise dates, sea, air & domestic freight providers on deliveries (inbound & outbound) to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules
- Establishes and promotes good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred or a minimum of three years related experience and/or training
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong sense of urgency to fulfill part requirements in a field service organization
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Preferred inventory planning experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to interact effectively primarily on the phone to stakeholders including field technicians, managers, customers or employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations