ESC has partnered with a world class manufacturer of die cast dies, plastic injection molds and forging dies for the automotive, medical, consumer goods, and aerospace industries in search of an Industrial/Process Improvement Engineer. The key to this role is someone who is high-energy, driven and has the ability to execute ideas from a fresh perspective. This person will lead continuous improvements initiatives, driving improved quality, shorter throughput time, operational flexibility and efficiency to support the manufacturing operations. Qualified candidates will have Six Sigma, 5S, and Lean Manufacturing experience and also have the flexibility to work from home if needed. This is a full-time role with strong benefits at a company experiencing continued growth over the past 10 years. The incumbent of this role will:
- Coach and develop other team members in Systematic Problem Solving, Standardized work and new product introductions.
- Implement best practices and common manufacturing systems as required i.e. 5S, Lean System and Continuous Improvements.
- Specify, develop, validate and install new equipment, tools and part presentation devices.
- Define information and material flow practices that support the entire value stream for the assigned area.
- Lead Kaizen work-shops and implement Systematic Problem Solving
- Perform time and motion studies.
- Create and maintain manufacturing/work center cycle time standards
- Collaborate closely and communicate frequently with all stakeholders, supervisors, engineers, skilled trades, etc. to meet customer needs.
- Plan and review factory layout for efficient flow from receiving through each operation including shipping.
- Create, review, update, and maintain ergonomic/safe work centers.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in a Continuous Process improvement role in a manufacturing setting.
- Background and experience in Industrial Engineering
- Experience in one of the following: Six Sigma, 5S, or Lean Manufacturing