The Director of Actuarial Services will oversee and report on financial results of various insurance products, understand factors which will change future revenue and claims costs, and direct recommended rate, administrative, or other risk related changes such that financial projections are achieved.
In this role you will:
- Monitor and manage financial performance of all health insurance products.
- Review and approve corporate reserves, reporting on financial results.
- Review and approve rate changes for insurance products.
- Evaluate health insurance law/regulation changes and determine financial impact on WPS health products.
- Review and approve financial forecasts.
- Evaluate and determine strategy for managing corporate reinsurance treaties.
This role could be a good fit if you:
- Are a strong leader that has a proven history of successfully leading and developing teams/programs
- Have experience working with providers to develop creative reimbursement arrangements OR have an interest in doing this
- Strong data analytics experience including predictive modeling and risk scoring models
- Hold ACA knowledge directly related to risk adjustment
- Are process improvement minded and continually seek out new and creative ways to approach challenges
- Desire career growth and are ready to make a move
You’ll benefit from this experience by:
- Helping launch new products to the market
- Building out our Data Analytics team to help meet our business unit’s initiatives which will support our solutions focused company
- Being part of a forward-thinking Health Insurance carrier
- Working in an environment that serves our Nation’s military, veterans, Guard and Reserves along with their families.
You need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Risk Management, Statistics, or related field
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries member required upon hire
- 7 or more years related experience, including 3 or more years in health insurance industry and 2 or more years staff supervision with direct program responsibility
We also prefer:
- Extensive experience in pricing, provider financial economics, reserving, Part D, ACA individual, Medicare Supplement, ACA small group, and stop loss
- Medicare Advantage experience
- Experience quoting large groups and working with ASO groups
- You will lead 3 to 4 Managers in this role
Compensation and Benefits
- Eligible for annual Performance Bonus Program
- 401(k) with dollar-per-dollar match up to 6% of salary
- Competitive paid time off
- Health and dental insurance start DAY 1
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending, dependent care, and health savings accounts
- Short- and long-term disability, group life insurance
- Innovative professional and cognitive development programs
Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and a worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of beneficiaries in the United States and abroad.
Founded in 1946, WPS offers health insurance plans for individuals, families, and seniors, and group plans for small and large businesses. We are a world-class claims processor and program administrator for the government’s Medicare program. And we manage benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel and their families.
WPS has been named one of the by the Ethisphere® Institute for 10 years in a row.
Our Purpose and Values
Our purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve.
Our values – Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, Mutual Respect, and Driven & Passionate – are the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
WPS Health Insurance offers high-quality health insurance plans for individuals and families, Medicare supplement plans for seniors, and group health plans for businesses of every size.
Military and Veterans Health
WPS Military and Veterans Health administers claims and provides customer service and related activities for the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and their beneficiaries.
Government Health Administrators
WPS Government Health Administrators manages Medicare Part A and Part B benefits for more than 7 million beneficiaries. As one of the largest contractors for the Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services, we’ve served Medicare beneficiaries and their health care providers since 1966.
Arise Health Plan provides innovative and high-value health plans to groups and individuals in eastern and northeastern Wisconsin. With our quality Wisconsin-based customer service, Arise offers health care expertise with a personal touch.
EPIC Specialty Benefits
EPIC Specialty Benefits provides businesses group insurance products that cover:
- Voluntary benefits
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)