SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor — supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States — as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it – fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. That’s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Hudson.
A day in the life of a Deli Associate is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to stock, slice, cook, measure, weigh, package, prepare, and accept payment (if cash registers are located in department) for deli items to maintain and operate the deli department in an efficient manner within company policy.
What You’ll Do:
* Properly use equipment to cook hot foods, prepare and package sandwiches, special orders and other items as needed.
* Accurately and efficiently weigh, package and label products.
* Practice suggestive selling techniques with customers.
* Properly fill, rotate and merchandise deli shelves, cases and displays
Sound Like You? Here’s what you’ll need:
* High School Diploma (Preferred) or GED
* One (1) year retail or other related experience
* Ability to read, write, comprehend and interpret documents
* Suggestive Selling/Knowledge of Products
* Basic mathematical skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is required to stand and walk for extended periods of time and may bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!