Full Stack Web Application Developers are responsible for the development and testing of our software applications delivered in a rich, web-based user interface. We are looking for a Full Stack Web Application Developers who is excited by new technologies, outpacing competitors, and creating high performance websites with content management and application components. Your ideas count, so we need you to be smart and able to get things done!
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a supporting developer to build mobile-first web application, API delivery and limited system administration
- Collaboration with team members and vendors to maintain and support the company web sites and portals
- Develop re-useable code and assets based on industry-standard solutions, reference architectures, design, development and QA best practices
- Work to increase code coverage of application unit tests
- Understand the capabilities, functionalities and limitations of the applications
- Be able to learn and then leverage more advanced development concepts such CI/CD and DevOps
- Under the direction of the Solution Architecture and Quality Assurance functions, apply innovative and practical technical solutions to business problems
- Under the mentorship of Solution Architecture, quickly grow your skills and understanding of both cutting edge and legacy technology along with industry leading indirect financing operations and philosophy
- Stay informed about advances in technology, facilitate adoption of new technology
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support for applications
- Bring new ideas and experiences to the practice to help further develop and mature our technology practice
- Provide realistic estimations of effort during sprint planning sessions
- Timely delivery of software solutions that meet or surpass project team expectations
- Satisfy project team levels regarding implemented solutions, often measured by code quality
- Demonstrate rapid professional growth in a challenging and lean operation with a wide range of technologies that you will help shape and define. There are no specialists here, you get to and are expected to touch everything! No lack of opportunities for self-directed professional development.
Other duties as directed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems is required
- Experience with Linux and Windows server operating systems; comfort-level at the command-line or desire to learn
- Experience with modern web frameworks, web service technologies and application architectures (MVC, REST, SOAP, JSON, HTTP/S, PHP, SSO, SAML, XML/xslt, JNDI/LDAP, etc)
- 1-3 years programming experience with a server side web development languages (Java, PHP, and ASP) for enterprise-wide
- Experience developing, configuring, and deploying systems using JVM family of tools and frameworks (Tomcat, Java, Maven, Spring, MyBatis or Hibernate)
- Experience with Integrated Development Environments (IDE) such as Eclipse or Visual Studio
- Development experience within Source Code Management (SCM) such as Subversion or GIT, as well as Continuous Integration (CI) and Test-First design principals
- Experience using SQL to interface to backend DBs; ability to troubleshoot and optimize queries for performance.
- Experience in the modeling of structured and unstructured data, including social media content and other system-to-system integration
- Working knowledge of networking fundamentals and protocols
- Must have the ability to analyze problems, troubleshoot, and make decisions in the best interest of the company to minimize downtime.
- Desire to change quickly with the needs of a growing company
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours per Week: 40+
Work Hours (i.e. shift): Monday through Friday 8:00 to 5:00 PM (Flexiable)
Salary Range: Based on Experience
Full Benefits Package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance Plan, 401K with Company match, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Paid-Time-Off and much more!
Casual for Cause - At Aqua Finance, casual day can be every day. We have used the perk to dress casual to help raise money for a variety of charities. https://www.aquafinance.com/who-we-are/news-events/casual-for-a-cause-q1-2016/